Unlike Other Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redjik

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5 GT View Post
Coming from some child who plays arams all day... GG forums.

Also remove the mute feature, no point in it if you'll suspend reguardless
Ahhh, yes. Someone offers a opinion that differs from your own, and immediately you play the child card.

My goodness, quiet the little Einstein you are.

To add, the report feature isn't there to save you from a ban. It's there so that when you begin to harass someone, they can stop listening to you while they play and then report you afterwards.

It's ok though, I totally understand why you didn't get that; you didn't put a single thought in to it.

King of Daventry

11-20-2012

Quote:
Coming from some child who plays arams all day... GG forums.

Also remove the mute feature, no point in it if you'll suspend reguardless
This right here, this is why you're banned. You might be a good player but we don't want you here if this is your attitude.

Change it or get out.

LargeSnorlax

11-20-2012

Really curious of the report card - Otherwise post has no meaning.

Feel free to post it instead of insulting people you've never played with.

TigerYamatoGX

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menniir View Post
I understand that you are frustrated because you can not play atm, but: If you think LoL "doesnt understand" and you really want to play competitive, why dont you try DOTA/HoN then?
Accept that the tribunal isn't working, so you can get banned for telling a troll or a feeder something?. I can go nice on them, but only works a while.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/competitive?s=t

Weird. Maybe I need a new dictionary...I don't see "gives person freedom to insult teammates" anywhere in that definition.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Seems like league of legends doesn't understand "competitive play". Obviously there will be arguments, and trash talk. it's just how it is when you want to win, and hate losing. Riot has been banning ALOT lately, it was never like this before, or never near this bad. Sounds like they are trying to just perma-ban as many people as they can so you are forced to remake a new account and buy RP. Only reason i can really think of, and yes i know obviously some people deserve a perma-ban, aka -12 year olds who spam, and running up mid feeding.

Don't ban people trying to carry teams, then telling that one guy who runs into the enemy jungle with no wards, gets caught, and is dead for 50seconds. that he's an idiot.

Thanks for the 3day ban? yeah. Now i'm going to mute everyone on my team everygame, and just play with no communication, seems like that's what you want.
I don't understand why you believe that competitive play necessitates trash talk. Think about other hobbies that have professional scenes, such as Magic the Gathering. You don't see a Magic player throwing down his Jace the Mind Sculptor during his Legacy match, grabbing his genitals and screaming "Get Raped" at his opponent. To do such a thing would be considered inconsiderate. You don't see Nigel Short cussing out his opponents in a chess match.

Even if you were gonna stretch the decision because League is a team game, you aren't gonna see similar behavior outside gaming. And theres a reason for that, because for too long it has been considered appropriate in the community to use such language. However, our game, our e-sport has begun to be accepted in the mainstream, and as such we must make a choice. Will we choose to ostracize our community like the DoTA community of old, or will we accept assimilation? If we continue to accept the attitudes that allow a player to make a graphic description of his genitals and what they did to the opposing player's mother in all chat, we will continue to be looked down upon, and we will waste the potential that this game has. However, if the community chooses to clean up its act, we can be accepted.

Your opinion that we shouldn't ban people who insult people is a slippery slope. Does one's skill outweigh his sportsmanship? In other sports, in other games, that is not the case. The Magic player would have been cited for major misconduct and would be given a match loss, possibly a DCI ban. The Chess player would lose his ranking for years, as no one would be willing to play him. In professional sports, a player who acts in a manner detrimental to his team will be suspended by his own team, no matter how skilled he is. Sure the kid who plays the game bad will never reach the heights that are being considered here, but at least he is enjoying himself. Look at him like the guys down at the lakefront playing softball, the guys playing dominoes in front of the storefront. He's having some fun, even if he's losing. Meanwhile, we're banning the guy that was thrown out of the softball league for making rude remarks to the umpire, who isn't allowed to play dominoes ever since he cold-cocked someone.