Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestion--Tie Normal and Ranked Elo Together

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

11-20-2012

This happens quite a bit in normals---someone who's 1900 or even 2000+ in ranked ends up playing in ~1500's for normals This is caused by an individual not playing normals much or playing them and abandoning it for ranked, only to return later. The major problem I have with it is that it tends to be a complete pub-stomp for them because of the major skill discrepancy.

What I propose is, if you hit a certain Elo in ranked that same Elo is given to you in normals--it still allows ranked individuals to have fun and play in normals, but prevents them from having a huge footprint in a lower skilled environment.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-20-2012

We have a solution that can alleviate this problem. I will need first talk to few people next week.

Whelk

11-20-2012

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
This happens quite a bit in normals---someone who's 1900 or even 2000+ in ranked ends up playing in ~1500's for normals This is caused by an individual not playing normals much or playing them and abandoning it for ranked, only to return later. The major problem I have with it is that it tends to be a complete pub-stomp for them because of the major skill discrepancy.

What I propose is, if you hit a certain Elo in ranked that same Elo is given to you in normals--it still allows ranked individuals to have fun and play in normals, but prevents them from having a huge footprint in a lower skilled environment.

That... that is actually an awesome idea. Bravo.

zarbiz

11-21-2012

Every hundred you jump up in Ranked, bump your normal Elo maybe 25 or 50 points?

Kikhan

11-21-2012

While this is an annoyance it is on the radar of Lyte's PB&J team. Just due to the smaller impact it has it was on the lower end of priorities. A lot of those larger priorities have been hit. So Iimagine this will be adressed very likely in this preseason or early on in the regular season.

Considering how few people are in the 2k range and how rarely they play normals. When they do play normals they win but, slowly raise the hidden elo anyways. The population effected is not very high.

A Giant Boulder

11-21-2012

Quote:
Kikhan:
While this is an annoyance it is on the radar of Lyte's PB&J team. Just due to the smaller impact it has it was on the lower end of priorities. A lot of those larger priorities have been hit. So Iimagine this will be adressed very likely in this preseason or early on in the regular season.

Considering how few people are in the 2k range and how rarely they play normals. When they do play normals they win but, slowly raise the hidden elo anyways. The population effected is not very high.

Then when we duo queue with our low level friends....