@Riot, the tribunal hurts this game.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scape the Goat

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Thank you, Riot. You put out an excellent product, and I really mean it, thank you.

It's a shame that it's enjoyed by such an emotional and immature community.

Until the power to punish is taken out of the hands of the community, I won't be putting any more money into your company.

If other players agree with this, I think it's a good way to speak up with your wallets and have your voice heard.

Let's come up with a better alternative than the Tribunal, because even a cursory glance at these forums show that the system just doesn't work.

Yes, we need something to handle the amount of toxic players in this game, but we really don't need to put that tool in the hands of people who get off to acting high and mighty and inevitably punish any slight infraction, as is seen rampantly on these forums.

It's a competitive game. There's a difference between being toxic and being involved in heated competition.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhYouFancy

Senior Member

11-20-2012

tl;dr

╚═( ͡͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
.....╚(███)╝
......╚(██)╝
.........(█)
..........*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scape the Goat

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Also, a way for thread creators to remove posts in their threads would go a long way to resolving posts like the one above this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SubzeroKelvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhYouFancy View Post
tl;dr
This forced meme needs to die right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyTheFoxx

Senior Member

11-20-2012

So... Is there ever going to be a search by player feature in the Tribunal so we can look up reform cards? Wonder what this person got reported for...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scape the Goat

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyTheFoxx View Post
So... Is there ever going to be a search by player feature in the Tribunal so we can look up reform cards? Wonder what this person got reported for...
Nothing. I'm not banned. I'm just majorly opposed to the system because it's not a good system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaveyBinkers

Senior Member

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devastator Jones

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape the Goat View Post
Thank you, Riot. You put out an excellent product, and I really mean it, thank you.

It's a shame that it's enjoyed by such an emotional and immature community.

Until the power to punish is taken out of the hands of the community, I won't be putting any more money into your company.

If other players agree with this, I think it's a good way to speak up with your wallets and have your voice heard.

Let's come up with a better alternative than the Tribunal, because even a cursory glance at these forums show that the system just doesn't work.

Yes, we need something to handle the amount of toxic players in this game, but we really don't need to put that tool in the hands of people who get off to acting high and mighty and inevitably punish any slight infraction, as is seen rampantly on these forums.

It's a competitive game. There's a difference between being toxic and being involved in heated competition.
Rude behavior should not be tolerated - anywhere, ever.

On that note glhf in other games you may play in the future.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSeCKSx

Senior Member

11-20-2012

I was just practicing support against AI. The ashe that took mid ended the game 0-18-8. Never bought boots once, had 3 blades of avarice. We ended up losing to AI. Granted if I were on something AD based I could have carried, but as a support I ended up filling the AP carry role, which is pretty hard to do when the rest of the team has died repeatedly making your AI opponents nicely fed.

I tend to stick to AI just to avoid the drama, but on the flip side in my head I was just thinking how amazingly bad this player is, as he/she would have struggled in beginner. But as much as I hate losing to the simple AI, I didn't mouth off or resort to insults. I knew I was too annoyed to be offering helpful tips so I just didn't say a thing at all.

Just because one feels competitive doesn't mean they've got to be rude about it. People bein jerks hurt the game, folks who end up on tribunal review more often than not "earned it".

Just because someone makes you angry doesn't give you the right to kill them right? You'd effectively be committing murder. Just because you're competing doesn't entitle you to be a jerk to others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bhare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape the Goat View Post
Nothing. I'm not banned. I'm just majorly opposed to the system because it's not a good system.
It's not perfect, but it works reasonably well. I don't think i've ever seen a permaban that i didn't think was 100% deserved.


12