Marden, the Mythril Shield (tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasouAyumu

11-19-2012

Hi! This is my first champion, so sorry if it's not very good, or if it's OP.

--------
Marden, the Mythril Shield
Marden is a support tank champion who can take a big hit and walk it off as if it was nothing. He can initiate a fight easily with Bodyguard, or be able to withstand incoming ganks with Safe Zone. If his teammates are in trouble, he can easily assist with Bodyguard or, if they are escaping/losing a fight, split them from their enemies with Vanguard. On teamfights, he'll use his Safe Zone to help his teammates while taking single targets with Bonecrushing Smash.

Stats:

Health: 440 +102 per level (2420 at level 18)
Health Regen: 8,5
Mana: 255 +36 per level (903 at level 18)
Mana Regen: 6
Attack Damage: 52 +3.5 per level (115 at level 18)
Attack Speed: 0.679 +3.5% per level (1.094 at level 18)
Armor: 18 + 3.5 per level (81 at level 18)
Movement Speed: 310
Magic Resist: 30 + 1.5 per level (57 at level 18)
Attack Range: 125

Abilities:

Passive - Sword Break: Each time Marden is hit by a champion, the champion's attack damage is decreased by 3/5/7 for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times. (3 at level 1, 5 at level 9 and 7 at level 18)

Q - Bonecrushing Smash: Marden's next basic attack causes him to smash his shields against an enemy unit, increasing the attack damage by 15/20/25/30/35% and stunning the enemy by 1 second.
Cooldown: 14/12/10/8/6
Cost: 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 mana

W - Bodyguard: Marden dashes to target location, and stops when he hits an enemy champion, stunning them for 1.5 seconds and damaging them by 70/115/160/205/250 (+40% bonus AD). Additionally, nearby champions get the "Shielded" Buff, making them take halved damage, while Marden takes the same amount of damage.
Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10
Range: 700
Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana

E - Safe Zone: Marden shields a nearby target location, protecting allies for 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% damage for 6 seconds. Then the shield breaks and enemy champions inside that area take 50/80/110/130/150 (+20% bonus AD) physical damage.
Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14
Range: 600
Cost: 115 mana

R - Vanguard: Marden dashes to a target location, knocking any units on the way to the side. Upon arrival, he damages all enemy units nearby by 5/10/15% of Marden's health, pulls nearby enemy champions into Marden and pushes nearby ally champions away. He also gets the "Fullmetal" Buff, which increases his AD by 25% and Armor by 25/37.5/50% for 5 seconds.

Appearance:

http://safebooru.org//images/911/591...11d.jpg?916478
Without the helmet, and one shields in each hand (one of them replacing the white flag). When he is affected by the Fullmetal Buff his helmet appears on his head, and his entire armor flashes white. Allies with the Shielded Buff have a small red shield over their heads.

Lore:

As a soldier in the Demacian Army, he was upon the firsts of his troop, slashing through every Noxus soldier he saw. He did not care for the strict rules of his army, but his ability compensated his recklessness. One day, a big fight started, with Garen and Darius on the frontline of the armies. Marden fought with all his strength, while his allies fell on both his sides. Blood was spilled all over the place, and Marden almost fell to his knees at the sight; Demacian soldiers dying, blood-painted grass and the Hand of Noxus advancing toward him. Without second thoughts, Marden escaped the field, and was considered a traitor to the army, being forced to bow never to pick up a sword again. That wouldn't stop him thou. Marden changed for good, wielding two shields and the hardest armor of Demacia, he swore to never let another ally fall in battle. He now resides in the League, seeking to redeem himself by protecting the other champions from harm, even at the cost of his own life.

"You’re a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you." - Mordekaiser

Quotes:

Movement:
- "I'll fight till my shield breaks."
- "I'm your wall, Summoner."
- "Marching."

Attack:
- "Charge!"
- "Give me five seconds."
- "You'll need to get through me first!"

Joke:
- *whistles*
- "If you die, don’t come crying to me about it."

Omnifinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I love the idea. I will admit, though, that I feel he has too much:
2 stuns.
2 gap closers.
2 shields (3 counting his ult's steroid + AD increase)
1 AoE pull-in.

He's essentially Leona, but better. With him botlane, your carry won't die.

I'd say tweak his W and E, but leave his passive, Q and R as they are. Remove the dash and reduce the "shielded" buff from W and that should be fine. As for E, I have no suggestions.

Overall, I like the idea. Another aggressive support is always welcome ^_^

MasouAyumu

11-20-2012

I see what you mean, maybe if I make that the W needs to target an ally champion and jump to him, instead of dashing to him?