How NOT to suck in solo ranked matchs(Guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arantyr

12-10-2010

yeh bad ppl will be bad forever becouse they dont learn with mistakes.

bad element

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2010

i agree, way too many ppl using flash AND ghost... even on characters who already have an escape mech

all in all an excellent post, i cant think of anything you left out.

Clan TMG

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad element View Post
i agree, way too many ppl using flash AND ghost... even on characters who already have an escape mech

all in all an excellent post, i cant think of anything you left out.
I can I just haven't gotten around to changing it.

The1337player

12-12-2010

Love the guide and i totaly agreed with the most stuff but i also think that bad players that feeds etc. dont really read blogs, guides and more :/

D1BlitzTheDream

12-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyrTW View Post
It's also nice if you have a designated person who targets with the crosshair to focus down - and the team follows it based on trust. It can be hard to coordinate in the heat of battle, especially with moving targets and players at different spots, and every little bit helps. Most players know to target the carry first or blow up the squishies, but often times you have to switch rapidly and having a quick way to tell your team "kill this guy!" is very helpful! Once again though, your team has to trust you. Which can be a problem sometimes in solo, lol.
Prove yourself by dominating early in your lane and most people will listen to you.

Katjak

12-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1337player View Post
Love the guide and i totaly agreed with the most stuff but i also think that bad players that feeds etc. dont really read blogs, guides and more :/
It's overwhelmingly the other way actually. The people that are really good don't spend much time posting on the forums, they're too busy insta-queuing for their next game. Most of the really active people on the forum are newbies / not-so-good.

That's why most the guides have silly builds/assumptions in this section of the forum. Obviously the people reading them are looking for help on said hero, and they likely dont know whats good or bad. The issue is that the authors many times either aren't much better or are much worse.

For every Elementz / Reginald that likes to publicize what they're doing, you'll have many more of Voyboy, chaseonfire, bigfatjiji, Chauster, etc.that don't post all that much,

ZenithRising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2010

I appreciate this kind of guide. I've been playing LoL for about 5 months, and only just got to 30 two or three weeks ago. I played my first ranked game with my friend who has years of arena gameing experience; it didn't go well. I was trying to jungle Brolaf, was all over the place, ended up not getting fed, game over 27 minutes. It wasn't entirely my fault, but I didn't add anything to the game.

This guild helped me to realize some mistakes. I read your wall of text and found it insightful and helpful. Thanks.

Clan TMG

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjak View Post
It's overwhelmingly the other way actually. The people that are really good don't spend much time posting on the forums, they're too busy insta-queuing for their next game. Most of the really active people on the forum are newbies / not-so-good.

That's why most the guides have silly builds/assumptions in this section of the forum. Obviously the people reading them are looking for help on said hero, and they likely dont know whats good or bad. The issue is that the authors many times either aren't much better or are much worse,
Amen

Pesterer

02-26-2011

this one needs a bump too

MrPill

10-19-2013

I am reading this and I suck. I suck in ranked at least. Trying to figure out how to be good in ranked without ruining games for other people. Can someone help me.