How NOT to suck in solo ranked matchs(Guide)

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clan TMG

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyren View Post
Overall, I really find this guide to be solid and I appreciate that in regards to summoner spells you start off by saying it's your opinion.

However, Flash and Ghost are capable of being both escape/defense abilities AND offensive. Ghost can be used in general when chasing down a fast opponent, and flash can let you suddenly get in range of an ability that may turn the tide of the fight.

For flash being used offensively... consider the ultimates of many champions like Annie/Fiddlesticks/Amumu/Galio. Flash becomes almost mandatory on some of them, not for defensive use (although they still could if they needed to), but for the offensive advantage and synergy with their abilities.

Good guide though, +1
I think I put in there that flash is used in conjuction with an ultimate/stunlock, but that still doesn't make them offensive imo, more chase and retreat.
Let me know if theres anything missing, I think this still needs work.

Zirkonium

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan TMG View Post
I think I put in there that flash is used in conjuction with an ultimate/stunlock, but that still doesn't make them offensive imo, more chase and retreat.
Let me know if theres anything missing, I think this still needs work.
It's offensive and defensive. The number of times I have flashed to last hit an enemy...

Clan TMG

10-12-2010

Am I missing anything else, I think theres some points I may be forgetting, I cant just think of any right now

Mongooses

10-12-2010

Thanks for the guide. I have been level thirty for a while playing just normal solo queue and have been looking for guides that would help in the tranisition to ranked. This guide is one of the best imo and I will be that much more confident diving into my first ranked game. Would read again (for clarity), and a second time(for Insight), and maybe a third (for vigor).

Theirin

10-12-2010

While I'm not incredibly experienced in ranked matches, I've noticed from a few that I've played solo queue, that people just do not understand how to ward, pay attention to the map, or understand their role with their respective champion. I'm really hoping that people read your guide, and learn how to play this game correctly so I can stop losing ranked solo queues due to feeding or careless..

Good Guide! +1

Clan TMG

10-13-2010

I enjoy'd reading your last two comments, as I have had 3 stupid losses from the same ol' **** that presents itself in ranked matchs.

Xtchizobr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

i don't like how you talk about "bad characters" and then name a few champions as if these should never be played...

if you really believed the game was so imbalanced... why are you playing it?

xathil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtchizobr View Post
i don't like how you talk about "bad characters" and then name a few champions as if these should never be played...

personally i believe there are ALOT of "BAD" characters. not insofar as they are not balanced, but they are not balanced for TEAMWORK.

master yi is a perfect example of a noob char. is he balanced to play with and against? fairly. hes also fairly easy to play because of the fairly high dps, the escape skill, the no disable, and the self healing. but would he EVER be considered HALF as good as a taric? or pantheon? no. some characters lean entirely to solo play while others make use of synergy with teammates. all crowd control lends itself to team use as one target disabled in any form means the team can focus on them without fear of them escaping (possibly ending a kill spree too) or they can ignore them safely for a few precious seconds to get at the DPS/nuke hiding behind them. stun/snare/taunts are HUGELY powerful in 5v5 but have very little impact on fights 1v1.

heroes like yi, kat, corki are all designed to be very self sufficient characters but contribute nothing other than DPS to team battles. and lets face it, you can build anything dps practically. thats a role 99% of heroes can fill more than adequately. being able to support the whole team on the other hand its a whole different story.

Clan TMG

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtchizobr View Post

Ya took that out actualy because not only did I not catch the last ryze buff(making me go 10/5 getting fed off players like MF and vlad as ryze mid) but also because teemo is getting buffed this patch too.(rumor)

At any rate, there are bad characters that don't do enough damage to be reconized as a carry, or nuke, causing them to be more played as a support, and because actual support characters do that job better, the characters themselves become useless and generaly laughed at whenever chosen during a ranked game.

"if you really believe the game was so imbalanced, why are you playing it"
well for starters I don't believe the game is to imbalanced, infact I don't think any character in the game is OP except for maybe annie or veiger, because annie basicly 3shots people and vieger with his 1k AP is deadly gamechanging. The game will always seem imbalanced as will any other game, I don't think any game will ever be 100% balanced.
When you say why am I playing it however, it kinda reminds me of when I complain in games such as APB and someone flat out says to me "then don't play"
thats basicly a general sentence used to try and shut up anyone complaining "if you don't like it then don't play" because you and these other people aren't actualy admins you don't control wether or not the game is changed.
My point being is when someone like yourself says then don't play, your basicly ruining the game for otherwise could be very nice and contributing players. Others might just very well look at your statement and say **** it, Im leaving LoL then you are to blame for decreased profits, were as I on the other hand complain complain to try to reach a goal. This goal being the more you complain, the more you post, the more people are educated and the better chance they spread the same knowledge, sooner or later this has to reach the developers and they might make a change to the game.
If you were an admin however and said if you don't like it then don't play, you'd basicly be telling me that no matter what the community says your going to create the game the way you want it to be fail or not and if I don't like it leave, but this game just like many others do not operate in that way because the developers aren't stupid ass brats.

I apologize for the wall of text for this answer.

Clan TMG

10-15-2010

I don't think Aregionius is going to put this in the comprehensive guide list.

1234567 ... 9