How NOT to suck in solo ranked matchs(Guide)

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eviant

10-08-2010

Lol, I'm actually very impressed with the guide. However, I would add two things...The map awareness that we all love so much XD And two, learning to fight as a team. That one alone has a couple points in it that I don't think most people think about.

But Thumbs up for sure lol

StyrTW

10-08-2010

It's also nice if you have a designated person who targets with the crosshair to focus down - and the team follows it based on trust. It can be hard to coordinate in the heat of battle, especially with moving targets and players at different spots, and every little bit helps. Most players know to target the carry first or blow up the squishies, but often times you have to switch rapidly and having a quick way to tell your team "kill this guy!" is very helpful! Once again though, your team has to trust you. Which can be a problem sometimes in solo, lol.

Clan TMG

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
Lol, I'm actually very impressed with the guide. However, I would add two things...The map awareness that we all love so much XD And two, learning to fight as a team. That one alone has a couple points in it that I don't think most people think about.

But Thumbs up for sure lol
uhm im sure I put teamwork already in there, ya were I put this game is not one because of one carry, it takes multiple carrys and a team to keep them alive at all costs.
Map awareness is something I should add though

Clan TMG

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyrTW View Post
It's also nice if you have a designated person who targets with the crosshair to focus down - and the team follows it based on trust. It can be hard to coordinate in the heat of battle, especially with moving targets and players at different spots, and every little bit helps. Most players know to target the carry first or blow up the squishies, but often times you have to switch rapidly and having a quick way to tell your team "kill this guy!" is very helpful! Once again though, your team has to trust you. Which can be a problem sometimes in solo, lol.
I put a section for targeting, but nothing really related to trusting your teamates.
Often you may have a real pro telling you targeting this one person will get us a win, and other times you have someone talking when they have no idea what they are truly talking about, and when the teamfight is over they will blame all of you for not doing what he/she said to do. Giving you an excuse like "if you had only attacked this person, we could have won, gj gg"

Clan TMG

10-09-2010

Reorganized and added pregame chat not working

EldertheYounger

10-09-2010

I think if i had read this when i first started I would've done so much better. A lot of games Ive played failed because the team didn't work well together, and when we actually started talking to each other we pulled together and pulled off some last minute victories. A pretty good guide, and I think they should have a link to this in the tutorial

Clan TMG

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldertheYounger View Post
I think if i had read this when i first started I would've done so much better. A lot of games Ive played failed because the team didn't work well together, and when we actually started talking to each other we pulled together and pulled off some last minute victories. A pretty good guide, and I think they should have a link to this in the tutorial
That would be nice, but impossible, perhaps we can get it linked in Aregionius's "list of guides" but I can't do that, Aregionius removed my mains guides and has ignored me permenantly.
The dude doesn't even really work for riot, I feel like its unfair that he has communist rule over what guides get put in the "LIST OF GUIDES"

Fluffy1

10-10-2010

like the guide hopefull people will see that junglers are optional and are a gamble, i see people que dodge often cause they think they are compulsary for a team, il solo que i much prefer their is no jungler since i the usualy tower downed in 6 minutes happens too often.

Clan TMG

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
like the guide hopefull people will see that junglers are optional and are a gamble, i see people que dodge often cause they think they are compulsary for a team, il solo que i much prefer their is no jungler since i the usualy tower downed in 6 minutes happens too often.
I don't think its so much a gamble, as towers can only get downed within 6minutes of the person soloing that lane is against a great pusher team. In wich case you should have thought of that before choosing to solo a lane, always make sure to have a good anti pusher.

Zyren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan TMG View Post
Other thoughts & rants

14.Summoner spells - This is really just my own professional opinion speaking here, I see way to many people choosing flash with ghost. Flash and ghost are both escape abilitys, neither do damage and only flash is usefull for stunlock ganking. All summoner spells should have a balance of offense, support and escape.

Please find a balance between escape, defense, offensive, and support summoner spells, don't just run full escape, it fails to help you offensively and makes you look like you lost your balls.
Overall, I really find this guide to be solid and I appreciate that in regards to summoner spells you start off by saying it's your opinion.

However, Flash and Ghost are capable of being both escape/defense abilities AND offensive. Ghost can be used in general when chasing down a fast opponent, and flash can let you suddenly get in range of an ability that may turn the tide of the fight.

For flash being used offensively... consider the ultimates of many champions like Annie/Fiddlesticks/Amumu/Galio. Flash becomes almost mandatory on some of them, not for defensive use (although they still could if they needed to), but for the offensive advantage and synergy with their abilities.

Good guide though, +1

123456 ... 9