Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Morello, was 'Seth' shelved?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reysem

03-01-2013

Sand Character Idea Right Here

Passive- This unit’s abilities blind the enemy target by .5 seconds
Q-Disperse- Scatters into the air into bits of sand and reforms a short distance away.
W-Blinding Sands- The wind changes and a wave of sand is thrown at the enemy, knocking them back, activate again to turn the wave into a small vortex tossing them slightly to a side.
E-Desolate:
Passive: Every auto attack gives you one stack of Desolation
Active: Desolate-After stacking 5 charges of Desolation this champion can use his chains to hit an enemy and two targets near the initial target.
R-Passive: Every kill this unit gains a stack increasing his Armor, Attack Damage, and magic resist. He also gains a visual change every 4 kills (max of 3 visual changes). He loses 2 stacks upon death.
Champion can cast abilities into ultimate to enhance it.
Will of the Sands- When activated this unit releases the Will of the Sands creating a giant vortex of sand which enemies cannot see into, and are slowed. The closer the enemy is to the vortex the greater the slow is. Once they come into contact they are knocked up. Deals a bit of damage the closer the enemies are. The user can move the vortex with the R key. The amount of stacks this unit has increases the damage, slow amount, and speed of the vortex.
Disperse: While in the vicinity of the vortex the Duakh gets a movement speed, and AD buff.
Blinding Sands: Increases the vortex’s movement speed.
Desolate: MUST HAVE 5 CHARGES TO USE. When in the vortex, this champion will throw out his chains in a short range grabbing enemy champions and pulling them into the vortex.
Visual
Pattern
http://images.metmuseum.org/CRDImage...t/DP104361.jpg
Mix this
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv...g4b2o1_500.jpg
But “beef him up a bit” and change the waist section to more sick armor same with the legs. Add a sick helmet, and reduce the size of the mantle. Add chain dangling from gauntlets

IamForcedToPlay

03-15-2013

So.......we're talking about Malzahar...

IamForcedToPlay

03-15-2013

Not those skills, and while I agree they sound good, they are simply too overpowered. Regardless, we're talking about "sand" and "being a mage". It's Malzahar.

Ibliss

03-29-2013

I've been waiting for a sand-mage champion ever since I started playing this game! Riot please!!! :/

retratseR

04-07-2013

Bump

CrimsonBlader24

04-07-2013

Quote:
Morello:
Yes, though Seth is the BS-code name for an unnamed Sand Mage. We actually had him in development and couldn't get it right in the allotted time. Sand Mage is a cool concept, so we'll likely take another swing when the time is right.

What do you mean "in the allotted time"? Why is there a time limit on creating champions?

Also, the idea of a sand mage is really cool! I would not be disappointed if Riot gave it another chance.

DreMLoK

04-07-2013

nice necro, i wasn't expecting more ice themed champions that we already have, but as always, riot's logic defies any expectative and now Seth probably won't see the light of day anytime soon

Titiln

04-07-2013

they scrapped seth and gave his kit to lissandra.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-07-2013

Quote:
CrimsonBlader24:
What do you mean "in the allotted time"? Why is there a time limit on creating champions?

Also, the idea of a sand mage is really cool! I would not be disappointed if Riot gave it another chance.

We impose time limits on ourselves so that, if an idea isn't coming together, we don't get stuck in a rut with it and spend a lot of time going nowhere. Sometimes the best solution to a design problem's to give it a bit of time and then reassess or let someone else take a crack at the issue. In cases like this, where we feel the basic idea's sound, that's very much 'Let's try this again later' rather than 'This isn't actually good idea, let's scarp this concept'.

Edit: Yeah, obviously that should have been 'This isn't actually a good idea, let's scrap this concept'. That'll teach me to rush posts during the loading screen.

ZBuZ

04-07-2013

A sand mage would be quite cool especially if he/she somehow resembles Gaara from Naruto