Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Morello, was 'Seth' shelved?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiSkillshot

11-19-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Yes, though Seth is the BS-code name for an unnamed Sand Mage. We actually had him in development and couldn't get it right in the allotted time. Sand Mage is a cool concept, so we'll likely take another swing when the time is right.

In other words.

Yes, but we may come back to that concept later on.

DrShroob

11-19-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Yes, though Seth is the BS-code name for an unnamed Sand Mage. We actually had him in development and couldn't get it right in the allotted time. Sand Mage is a cool concept, so we'll likely take another swing when the time is right.

Oh wow, an actual post by Morello!

Well, since I have your attention, and the project is on hold at the moment, mind if I ask a question then?

Any relation to Renekton and Nasus? I doubt it, but when I hear Seth and sand, I instantly think Set, which is also called Seth, from Egypt mythology.

Erotic Asphyxia

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Quote:
Morello:

He'd better have a badass ult named Sandstorm. Maybe name him Muad'Dib for kicks.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-20-2012

Quote:
DrShroob:
Oh wow, an actual post by Morello!

Well, since I have your attention, and the project is on hold at the moment, mind if I ask a question then?

Any relation to Renekton and Nasus? I doubt it, but when I hear Seth and sand, I instantly think Set, which is also called Seth, from Egypt mythology.

No details, not even sure if it will come out, or in what form. It's not soon.

Drakeil

11-20-2012

Quote:
Morello:

NOT "soon"? Something is amiss.

Raideros

11-20-2012

Not even Soon™? This is an atrocity, Riot pls.

Amariithynar

11-20-2012

Quote:
Morello:

Someone once made a post about a Scarab Lord type character, rleated to nasus and Renekton... I really think you should consider that aspect when revisiting the concept.

TechnMage

11-20-2012

reminds me of the DnD book Sandstorm, awesome sand mage in there, however his sand shaping ability had a few too many restrictions and he wasn't too strong, i always loved the flavour

Drozzi

11-20-2012

Quote:
Morello:

The time is now.

Fox P McCloud

11-20-2012

Quote:
Morello:

What about Hexmage, Morello? Has that champion come out yet, if not, has it also been shelved?

I ask because Seth and "Hexmage" are both the only two remaining mystery champions from the PBE leak all that long time ago.