Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Morello, was 'Seth' shelved?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-07-2013

Quote:
FalkorsRaiders:
Another red posted somewhere that there is a champ in developement that is a female from zaun. Is she what became of the "female mechanic" that didn't cut it for Vi, or is the "female mehanic" idea shelved for later or indefinitely?

Different idea again. Female mechanic's certainly an idea we might revisit though, there's a lot of interesting space there, the champion who became Vi just wasn't the right fit for that concept.

Timjin

04-07-2013

Quote:
Meddler:
Different idea again. Female mechanic's certainly an idea we might revisit though, there's a lot of interesting space there, the champion who became Vi just wasn't the right fit for that concept.

Oh that note; is the "Yordle Jungler" that Ezreal mentioned a month or so back still in process?

Zerglinator

04-07-2013

Quote:
Meddler:

Why not Rin the Yordle?

SherpidySherpa

Recruiter

04-07-2013

Quote:
aceofsween:
I can see how trying to make a Sand Mage would be difficult to pull together thematically. There are so many different applications you could have. There are two different types of these characters that I could think of in common contexts: Gaara from Naruto and the Sandman from Marvel Comics. Both of them are thematically very different, but utilize sand as a weapon. The one common mechanic binding the two though could be a snare/slow effect. There are a lot of neat effects you could come up with though. It'd be hard to generate a real cohesive champion though, I'd think.

I'd say because those two versions of a Sand Mage already exist, albeit not with sand thematically. Zac is essentially the Marvel Sandmam using the bodily distortion theme, can throw things like Luffy and Mr. Fantastic in there too minus the ability to separate their body. Then Lissandra is essentially what I imagine a Gaara type champion to play, they control a medium and fight by primarily controlling and restraining their opponents.

Edit: Misread thought you said "can't see how trying to make a Sand Mage would be difficult." I agree there is a lot of things a Sand Mage could do, but two of the main themes are essentially in use so they have to make one that is differentiated from those two common versions and make sure using sand as an element is useful context and lore wise.

Djiimon

04-08-2013

Quote:
Meddler:

If you are allowed to, could you tell us if this Zaunite female is based on technology or the use of chemicals?

FalkorsRaiders

04-08-2013

Quote:
Meddler:
Apologies, I'm not particularly familiar with the visual rework/relaunch process so can't speak to any details on Trundle, though I know creative do plan to post (or may already have) outlining some of the thoughts behind the change. Trundle's release was also well before my start at Riot so I don't have any insight into his original development and how that process compared to his relaunch.

As far as visual reworks in general go most are just go to be straight upgrades to model quality, with maybe some very minor tweaks e.g. Annie. Some champions will certainly require less of an overhaul (I've heard our artists talk favorably about Mundo's existing shape for example), while others will need some more significant work (Sivir's giant feet, I'm looking at you).

I just wanted to thank you for posting answers to not one, but two posts that I made. I've never had a red respond to my posts, so to have two answered in a row like that is awesome.

On that note, after reading the response on the VU's in general I'm happy that it looks like there are no immediate plans to change so much about other champs in the future (I know you didn't say that per se, but the fact that you only talk about mild changes and fixes to problems that Riot has been open about for years makes me feel safe to guess that). As much as I hate the Trundle VU/rework, I think I hate the thought of something happening like this again to a niche character even more.

FalkorsRaiders

04-08-2013

Quote:
SherpidySherpa:
I'd say because those two versions of a Sand Mage already exist, albeit not with sand thematically. Zac is essentially the Marvel Sandmam using the bodily distortion theme, can throw things like Luffy and Mr. Fantastic in there too minus the ability to separate their body. Then Lissandra is essentially what I imagine a Gaara type champion to play, they control a medium and fight by primarily controlling and restraining their opponents.

Edit: Misread thought you said "can't see how trying to make a Sand Mage would be difficult." I agree there is a lot of things a Sand Mage could do, but two of the main themes are essentially in use so they have to make one that is differentiated from those two common versions and make sure using sand as an element is useful context and lore wise.

If they make a sandmage, I'd like to see an ability that is a duststorm in a small area, dealing little damage over time as well as blinding and maybe slowing for the duration of being inside the aoe. Blind is my favorite CC and I want to see more of it later on in League

Pikacondon

04-08-2013

Quote:
Psycho Pretzel:
Can teleport quicker than Kassadin
Strong melee grab, throw into the air, then piledrive to the group CC with a long stun
Kicks harder than Lee Sin (kicks you once, you get hit by a thousand feet)
Long autoattack range that is actually melee

but . . .
is very underpowered when we play as him
Bot matches against him will be painful though

Also has an annoying laugh

And counters Zangie-I MEAN OLAF

Luna Wolf

08-25-2013

Now...?

Rhavness

07-12-2014

Please make Seth happen :')