Elo Reset

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murzzy

11-19-2012

Why is there not an option to pay for an elo reset? I mean even HoN had that. Really dropping the ball here Riot.

adc

11-19-2012

Because then you have the 400 Elo players who insist they're 2.5k player ragequitting and resetting their Elo, then being put with people just doing their placement games (such as the entirety of the ladder right now) around 1200 Elo and destroying their ratings. That's why.

HoN was a paid game. If you bought HoN, you had a large amount of cash invested, so you're probably not going to go trolling around with your rating. In League, you can just dick around and troll ranked games because it's free. Giving the option of an Elo reset would just make the trolls have an easier time ****ing up new players Elos.

jaybay123

11-19-2012

hey they'll just do it anyway but if it cost like $30 to reset it then and make a 1 account pre I.p then this can solve a lot of problems

Murzzy

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Because then you have the 400 Elo players who insist they're 2.5k player ragequitting and resetting their Elo, then being put with people just doing their placement games (such as the entirety of the ladder right now) around 1200 Elo and destroying their ratings. That's why.

HoN was a paid game. If you bought HoN, you had a large amount of cash invested, so you're probably not going to go trolling around with your rating. In League, you can just dick around and troll ranked games because it's free. Giving the option of an Elo reset would just make the trolls have an easier time ****ing up new players Elos.
I really doubt there would be many trolls out there willing to pay 10,15, 20 even 30 dollars to continue to screw with people. Ranked is a god *!@# mess right now and legitimate players who aren't bad are completely getting ****ed by this. Riot is smart enough to come up with a reasonable way to make this happen. And why the hell wouldn't they? Its an unexploited gold mine.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Riot has a pretty firm stance of making sure you can't buy advantages in-game. Refer to the anti-elo boost policy at end of season 2, inability to buy runes with RP, etc.

This would effectively be similar to giving really low elo players a chance to give themselves a free elo boost, so to keep in line with Riot's policy, they shouldn't do this.