Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is smartcast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

02-07-2011

Generally the advice is not to use smart cast for targetted spells, I'm sure your carry will be happy when he doesn't get healed and dies due to a minion also being under your cursor, or all of the times you wind shield Cho'Gath.

Superdadd

02-07-2011

For heaven sakes, if you use smartcasting, remap the keys in your keybindings interface.

Lawrry

02-07-2011

is there a way where you can change your settings where you have champions appear on top of minons? because sometimes when a champion is in a swarm of minons, i cant seem to click on the champ and i end up wasting my skills on that minons thats on top of him.

Carados

02-07-2011

Quote:
Lawrry:
is there a way where you can change your settings where you have champions appear on top of minons? because sometimes when a champion is in a swarm of minons, i cant seem to click on the champ and i end up wasting my skills on that minons thats on top of him.

Try the F1-5 keys.

Superdadd

02-07-2011

Smartcast is mostly for people like Annie or Veigar who unload all their spells at once. The difference between going (for Veigar)

E (stun), then
WQR

versus

E (stun), then
W, click target,
Q, click target,
R, click target.

...is immense.

How to?

Open Keybindings

Normally QWER are bound to cast 1, cast 2, cast 3, cast 4.

Instead, bind QWER to smarcast 1, smartcast 2, etc.

Now go melt faces.

(note, for veigar, I don't smartcast his E, because I like to see where the stun circle is, since it's the outer-radius that matters the most).

Blazeise

06-16-2011

i dont like it....a lot of times ill push w or w/e it may be just to get the radius floating up and ill leave it there for awhile until the opportune moment then ill mouse click. it doesnt sound like thats applicable with this method

liinpason

06-16-2011

I use smartcast when I need it, I use selfcast when needed... I need sometimes to target skill properly, so I do not rebind keys.

TheGreatWalk

08-03-2011

Is there anyway to set this on a champion by champion basis?

Attico

08-03-2011

Quote:
TheGreatWalk:
Is there anyway to set this on a champion by champion basis?

Nope, sadly you can't. I always forget to unbind smartcast for my ult on Rumble. Never, ever smartcast Rumble's ult! (Like I do the first time I use it every time I start playing him again)

sluff

09-06-2011

Quote:
Carados:
Try the F1-5 keys.

And what if I want to target an enemy?