Unknown directx error. Please help... ASAP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iLostCole

11-19-2012

I tried playing a game and then it exited me from LoL, and gave me this error "an unknown directx error has occured please make sure your video card supports shader model 2.0 and that it is using drivers from the manufacture" Then when i tried to open LoL again it gave me this error "Error loading launcher- Could not load direct3d" This must mean i have something wrong with my drivers but i have no idea how to fix it seeing as when i try to do my windows update it doesnt let me, and when i try to download the driver manually from nvidia.com but even then it fails.

I have tried updating my driver to 306.97 but i havent been able to successfully update. It fails every time i try. I have updated my directx and tried reinstalling. I have no idea how to fix this problem. if someone could please get back to me asap id really appreciate it.

Heres my DXDIAG. Please help.

Note- When i system restore a few days back everything is fine. i get on LoL and can play. Then when the game starts i disconnect and get that error "an unknown directx error..."

TSM The0ddOne

11-20-2012

I'm having this exact problem as well.. I was in game and game crashed.. try to reconnect and this popd up..

iLostCole

11-23-2012

If you fix it, let me know how please. thanks