Karthus glitch (not the same as the one below)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acieso Gyrond

10-07-2010

Since the patch which gives karthus -20% dead time, I've seen this happen 4 times.

karthus gets focused, but he escapes. thankfully, someone ignited him, so he dies as he runs. but instead of entering death defied, he dies immediately, with the message "an ally has been slain" appearing on all players screens (regardless of team). The game informs everyone that karthus has slain himself, upon which Karthus immediately respawns (instead of entering death defied, he just gets resurrected instantly).

for the rest of the game, karthus has the ignite visual glitch, where he appears to be perpetually ignited... but in addition, he oddly becomes IMMUNE to ignite as well. and should he die while under the effects of someone's (futile) ignite later, the same glitch listed above will occur.

the most frustrating thing is that when this occurs, and the game suggests he killed himself, He actually get a kill in his score, gets a gold bonus for the kill (including any killing spree bonus the real killer would have gotten) and also gains stacks on stacking items. This really can be a complete game breaker when Karthus gets the ability to feed himself.

HawksGoCAW

10-07-2010

Have noticed the Karthus killing himself glitch a lot later, but I never see what happens in game. I do notice that he seems to be burning a lot for the rest of the game too though.

Daweis1

10-07-2010

This exact thing just happened to me. It definitely has to do with ignite.

Spazzilla

10-07-2010

This happened to me but I killed him with Urgot's 'e' - probably any time-based dmg

roostermoose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Happened to me just now. Shut down Karthus died twice - went from 0 to 4 stacks, got a +874 from bonus gold, and denied our team stacks. We proceeded to lose from his new Zhonya's ring and our broken morale.

Kematian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

I just had this happen to me 3 times in one match, twice from Malzahar's ultimate, and once from alistars knockup ability.

Azuriae

10-08-2010

I can totally confirm this, Karthus is my main.

I don't know when this glitch got in the game, But it's something to do with Ignite, And yes, the Ignite animation stays for the rest of the game.
Happened quite a few times now, I get the kill and the gold.

Also: When the glitch happens, You do not get your 8 seconds of extra life from your passive, You just die instantly.

zilentworld

10-08-2010

Yep this happened to me twice in the same row >.<, its frustating