[Champion Concept] Galthar, Troll Captain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mortalvis

11-19-2012

Trolls exist on many worlds... and almost all are the same: vile, barbaric, and uncouth creatures beyond all hope of civilization. This was not the case with Galthar. Born with exceptional physical and psychic capabilities, he craved information. Despite being shunned by the human village near his home and being regularly driven out, he always returned, seeking to connect and learn about people.

One day, he got his chance, when an evil man began kidnapping villagers and transforming them into monsters. Galthar hunted the man down and turned the rest over to the village for punishment.

The act of turning the villain in gave him the opportunity he needed to integrate himself into human culture, where he learned more about them and eventually enlisted himself into their millitary. It was upon the field of battle that he truly distinguished himself. Time and again, he rushed headlong into overwhelming odds to save his allies. He became something of a hero to those he served with and, despite the reservations of many, he was promoted to Captain.

He went on to lead his men on several successful campaigns and was heavily responsible for the treaty between his nation and their rival. This culminated in the creation of The Games, in which he competes every year to resolve any conflicts. Though retired now, he actively trains the Town Guard in his hometown, where he has lived for over 300 years. In all that time, his regeneration has kept him young, though his size has increased dramatically since his days of active duty from living a rather peaceful life.

However, the Institute of War has reached out to him, calling him from his home to Runeterra to compete in the League of Legends. Seeing that another place has something similar to his own Games, he eagerly accepted.

If he is this strong now, I would have liked to have seen him in his prime. -Garen

HP: 500 + 30 per level
MP: 300 + 20 per level
AD: 50 + 3 per level
AP: 0
AS: .780
MV: 320
AR: 50 + 2 per level
MR: 40
Crit: 0%
HP5: 15 + 2 per level
MP5: 10 + 1 per level

Passive- Call Me Cap'n: All allied minions within a large radius gain 5/10/15 AD, 10/20/30 Armor and Magic Resistance, and 10/20/30 hp5. Kills made by minions within this radius grants Galthar gold.

Q- Clobber: Cost 90/80/70/60/50 mp, CD 8/7/6/5/4 Sec
Active: Galthar psionically charges his club, causing his next attack to inflict an extra (.7 AD + .7 AP) magic damage. If Galthar has at least 1 stack of Focus, he expends 1 stack to stun his target for 1 second (stun cannot occur more than once per 3 seconds).

W- Punt: Cost 100/85/70/55/40 mp, CD 12/11/10/9/8 Sec
Active: Galthar punts his target causing it to be launched a short distance, inflicting 25/40/55/70/85 + (AD x .5) to the target initially and an additional 25/40/55/70/85 + (AD x .5) if it strikes a target upon landing. If Galthar has at least 1 stack of Focus, the punted creature releases a shockwave upon landing, inflicting 25/40/55/70/85 + (AP x .7) magic damage in a small area. Punt inflicts an extra 50% damage to champions.

E- Biofeedback: Cost: 0, Cooldown: 0
Toggle On: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% of all damage taken is taken as MP damage.
Toggle Off: Galthar gains 7/ 14/21/28/35 Hp5 and 7/14/21/28/25 Mp5.

R- Psychic Leap: Cost 100 mp, Cooldown 70/60/50 Seconds
Passive: Once every 15 seconds, Galthar generates 1 stack of Focus (to a maximum of 1/2/3 stacks)
Active: Galthar leaps to the target area, jumping over walls and releases a shockwave that inflicts 100/200/300 + (.7 AP) magic damage and knocks opponents into the air. If Galthar jumps directly on an enemy, he inflicts an additional 100/200/300 + (.8 AD) physical damage to the target. If Galthar has at least one stack of Focus, Psychic Leap gains a 50% mp cost and cooldown reduction.

He's mainly a Tank, with a bit of support and a lot of mobility. He's supposed to be a bit of a cross between Mundo (regen), Alester (popup & Knockback), and Kassadin (Mobility)

Thoughts?

Edit: Lowered the damage on his ult, lowered his Biofeedback damage apsorption and hp5, added mp5. increased the damage of punt by about 35 per increment. Increased Clobber's AD contribution by .2

Konnektor

11-19-2012

maybe make the stacks occur less often, maybe on spells he casts so that you can combo (assuming his spells only use focus when he has his ulti. other than that, maybe reduce the E toggle on strength to around max 30%, and add MP regen to the off toggle (maybe 2/4/6/8/10) and reduce the hp regen to around 5/10/15/20/25. damage could be raised on multiple skills, but lower the damage on his ultimate (700 base is a lot).
good concept, i'd play this any day.

Mortalvis

11-20-2012

made soe alterations to his abilities.

All of his abilities except Biofeedback use stacks of focus (so comboing them would be hard). I did increase the ammount of time it takes to generate a stack.

I'm glad you like the concept though. I'd like to add an aura for champions to his passive, but I'm not sure if that'd be too much with what ammounts to an AoE promote.

Uwielbaum Piwo11

11-20-2012

wow a really nice champ ^^

I like his ult very much!!

Mortalvis

11-20-2012

I thought we needed another troll champion. I like trollkin very much :P

Mortalvis

11-21-2012

Skins

Classic: wears Brown leather armor, wields a club

Soldier Galthar: Wears metal armor and carries a sword (Classic Garen's outfit)

Drill Sergeant Galthar: Wears cammo with very large boots, a cigar, and a cammo helmet,

Coach Galthar: Has a whistle, Cleats, and wields a field goal