ELO problem on the ladder? elo not calculating right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sn3aks

11-19-2012

im 24 wins and 24 losses, never mind that i had about 20 losses combined that were from trolls intentionally trying to lose or people who feed and leave, thats another problem...

the problem i have is that im even in win losses, 24/24 and my elo is 1080.... it should be closer to 1200, this elo system and the ladder reset killed my because im a 1300 elo player now for season 1 and 2, and boom now im stuck in elo hell because of leavers and a faulty elo system calc?

sn3aks

11-19-2012

red reply pls?

Everborn

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn3aks View Post
red reply pls?
Think you may be confused how it works. Your 1st 10 games are placement matches. So everyone that is 24-24 starting from the same elo will not end with the same elo, the order you win your games in is huge. If you lost allot of your 1st 10 games that were worth much more elo you'll end up much lower.. You may be 24-24 but the games you won were Prolly worth much less elo. An even record doesn't mean average(1200) elo. You may be thinking in terms of an even record means average elo, not how it works. Even in the first 10 games, if you went 5-0 to start then went 5-5 your elo will be allot higher then if you went 0-5 then 5-5, get it?

Gnarkill1

11-20-2012

Unfortunately, placement matches are crucial. Season 2 I lost majority of my first 10 and even when I would be doing well and get my wins over my losses I would be sub 1200. I had to get like 15 more wins than losses to get over 1300. This season I did better and went 7-3 in my placement matches and even though Im on a losing streak right now, Im still above 1200 and when I get my wins back up over my losses even by a couple I should be hovering around 1300 easy.

Selcopa

11-20-2012

First 77 games are placement matches. With the first 10 being the most important.

The reason you are lower than 1200 with 50% wins is because you lost when you played against higher elo players. And won against low players.

If you keep beating players your elo will go up. The placement matches are there to speed things up. So you don't have 75 games where you have minimal influence in the game

sn3aks

11-20-2012

thanks for the replys but 20 of the games i lost were 4v5..... and that ratio has been solid. close to half the games i play my team has a leaver, and ive only won 3 games due to the other team having a leaver.

now i have to grind 200 elo out of elo hell... just to get to 1200 when ive been in the 1300's in both season one and season two...

if this is how it "works" ... its broken

Selcopa

11-20-2012

You didn't improve at all between season 1 and 2? This was inevitable

Be happy you still have accelerating elo still. I've had to grind back 250 elo before at 12.5 its rough. But doable. I dunno if I'd call it complaint worthy

Everborn

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn3aks View Post
thanks for the replys but 20 of the games i lost were 4v5..... and that ratio has been solid. close to half the games i play my team has a leaver, and ive only won 3 games due to the other team having a leaver.

now i have to grind 200 elo out of elo hell... just to get to 1200 when ive been in the 1300's in both season one and season two...

if this is how it "works" ... its broken
Well, I don't agree that its broken. Its pretty simple.. Your simply just losing matches where the elo is higher and winning matches when the elo is lower so your still pulling an even record but not when it counts to raise your elo. Besides if your better then most of the people your playing with you'll go up in elo.

Alphastryke

11-20-2012

What's broken is losing elo when theres an afk player sitting in base the whole game which is what I think the OP is getting at.

in my first 10 I had 5 games in a row with an afk dc sitting in base. Not only do you still lose full elo for this but its totally unreflective of what your skill level or elo is.

Personally I think Riot needs to find a way to address this issue as its totally unfair.

I manged to come back and went 20-10 in my first 30 but I was 3-7 in my first 10, all because of AFK DC's in base which lost me a massive amout of ELO with nothing I could do about it. I'm now stuck around 200 elo below where I should be because of afks in my first 10 matches due to no fault of my own.

I think this is what the OP is getting at.

Everborn

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphastryke View Post
What's broken is losing elo when theres an afk player sitting in base the whole game which is what I think the OP is getting at.

in my first 10 I had 5 games in a row with an afk dc sitting in base. Not only do you still lose full elo for this but its totally unreflective of what your skill level or elo is.

Personally I think Riot needs to find a way to address this issue as its totally unfair.

I manged to come back and went 20-10 in my first 30 but I was 3-7 in my first 10, all because of AFK DC's in base which lost me a massive amobut of ELO with nothing I could do about it. I'm now stuck around 200 elo below where I should be because of afks in my first 10 matches due to no fault of my own.

I think this is what the OP is getting at.
No He figured he should be 1200 cuz his record was even which means he doesn't understand how it works but as far as the afk people Ya thats a ruff one but elo works on law of numbers so if you play enough games you'll have the same afkers and trolls as everyone else. Yes when it happens in your placement matches it sucks but you'll still end at your elo that you belong, will take a little longer now.