Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Avoid the Tribunal Guaranteed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teh holiday beef

11-19-2012

Quote:
nobfaic:
"Griefing: Not communicating with team"

The funny thing is that the one person you want to communicate with goes wherever he wants, despite the entire team practically yelling "advice" at him/her.

Or is that just me.

dashwinner

11-19-2012

Quote:
ZiggaZow:
its pretty sad that the community is forced to no say anything to avoid getting banned just because of all the kids playing this game and reporting people for the slightest bit of feedback . i remember i even got told to stfu after saying gj to someone they were like stfu i dont need your opinion..

that's not the saddest part. yes, butthurt kids can be annoying, as you feel you have to watch what you say, but don't confuse feedback for putting someone down. a reasonable exercise would be: 'if i said this to someone's face in real life, how would they feel'

if you call me a noob/baddy/f***/wtv else to my face, you'd get a beatdown. don't mistake the anonimity of the internet for an excuse to act however you want.

TÅ ERNOBOG

11-19-2012

Quote:
ZiggaZow:
its pretty sad that the community is forced to no say anything to avoid getting banned just because of all the kids playing this game and reporting people for the slightest bit of feedback . i remember i even got told to stfu after saying gj to someone they were like stfu i dont need your opinion..

Originally Posted by TrollButt
Nobody should be banned for words. For gameplay yes, but for insults? This is the internet. Tough up or unplug.

RiotMontag Responce
We don't run things that way. If you can't be a sportsmanlike member of our community, we don't want you to play League of Legends.

On the other hand, if you love competitive games, and you hate playing other games where you have to put up with **** like that, welcome to LoL.

hersheyz

11-19-2012

Or you could just not play. You cant get reported for what never happened.

Kyraxis

11-19-2012

Honestly it's not hard to not be in the Tribunal. I'm kind of a dick in a game, but I'm not a total tool. I will speak my mind, and if someone is trolling or harassing me, I give them just as good back? Does that make me a bad gamer? Maybe, I don't really care. But I'm also not a total tool. Don't rage for no reason. Don't troll. Don't AFK after bot lane gives up first blood. Just . . don't be a horrible person and you're probably good to go. It really isn't hard. If I can do it, so can you.

DaveyBinkers

11-20-2012

Quote:
ArcaneUnleashed:
I shouldn't have to be jesus online, I should be able to lightly enforce a competitive attitude when time calls and I shouldn't have to apologize for dying when its my fault. People say that the thickskin argument is completely invalid but I really don't see why, imagine if everyone was actually T for teen and could play without being a glimpse of an angel.

I feel that the Tribunal is a flawed system, believe me. You can't expect a troubled and immature community to police itself effectively. All i'm offering is advice on how to avoid reports and bans through positive reinforcement. I'm sure you have played in matches with both great leaders and people with extremely poor attitudes. I'm not saying you have to be a saint, but which player did you prefer?

Devastator Jones

11-20-2012

Quote:
TŠERNOBOG:
Originally Posted by TrollButt
Nobody should be banned for words. For gameplay yes, but for insults? This is the internet. Tough up or unplug.

Nope, sorry bro. The internet is not an excuse to behave rudely whenever you want. You should behave as politely on the internet as you SHOULD in real life.

Quote:
DaveyBinkers:
I feel that the Tribunal is a flawed system, believe me. You can't expect a troubled and immature community to police itself effectively. All i'm offering is advice on how to avoid reports and bans through positive reinforcement. I'm sure you have played in matches with both great leaders and people with extremely poor attitudes. I'm not saying you have to be a saint, but which player did you prefer?

I agree that the Tribunal is a flawed system - which is why people like the 1st post I quoted should not be allowed to judge cases. It is because those kinds of people help to legitimize harassment and rude behavior.

The tribunal should be "automated" in some respects and give out automatic punishments for the use of certain words - including all racist language and the 6 letter r word and any reference to downs syndrome. It would operate "objectively" in a similar way to the Leaver Buster system.

DaveyBinkers

11-20-2012

Quote:
hersheyz:
Or you could just not play. You cant get reported for what never happened.

This is true. Boring, but true.

ElementzPRO

11-20-2012

just dont talk ever

and always go positive
also dont play ranked at a low elo

ElementzPRO

11-20-2012

Quote:
DaveyBinkers:
but which player did you prefer?

whoever is the better player in terms of skill
this is a video game not an election rofl i dont give a **** what attitude they got