[Champion Concept] Tannis, the Void Drowned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firefawkes

11-19-2012

Name: Tannis

Title: The Void Drowned

Appearance: Scarred blank eyes on a young man who is otherwise relatively handsome and well kept. Short black hair. Light desert clothes. Scars can be seen through the openings in his clothing.

Lore: There are those among us who have seen the dark gaps between worlds. The emptiness of that strange place has filled them and there is nothing left in this world for them to fear, for they have seen what the dark tides will bring.

Tannis, too, had been marked, though in other ways. At a young age his entire family was consumed before his eyes by a creature with an unfathomable appetite for destruction. Grief stricken, Tannis ran into the wastes as Kog’ Maw laid waste to the only life he’d ever known. It wasn't his fate to escape the Void for long. His body, aching from wounds, succumbed to the heat of the desert. As his body failed him, so too did his soul. The void beckoned, and without his body as an anchor his soul had no choice but to answer it’s heralds.

What was waiting there consumed him with fear and made him rejoice in his death. He began to swim through the Aether for what lay beyond the Void but his soul drowned in the darkness, and all that was light within him boiled away. It was then that he knew he was not meant for death. He was given a purpose from the voices that writhe beyond the black. They gave him a message to ferry back to the living.

Tannis' first task upon re-entering this world was to stitch the wounds on his broken corpse and drag it to the doorstep of the Institute of war. His second task was to deliver one last message to the Prophet of the Void.

"Your nightmares can't prepare them for the reality of their fate."

Dialogue:

"The things I've seen bear no sanity."
"The Light is failing."
“I pity the living.”
“They are already among us.”

Taunts:

“Your efforts will never be enough.”
“I pray you live to see the end times.”

Jokes:

“What’s worse than a worm in your apple? The coming doom sworn to swallow us all.”
“Roses are red, violets are blue, the void is coming, your world will end.”

Hidden Emote with Leona:

"There will be no dawn after the coming darkness."

Abilities:

Lost Soul (Passive):
When Tannis dies, his soul is stripped from his mortal flesh and forced to wander this world for 8 seconds. In this time, he is able to move around the map, granting vision and reducing the speed of nearby enemies by 10/20/30%.

Aether Grasp (Q): Cooldown: 8/7/6/5/4 Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 Mana
Active: Tannis’ next autoattack within in the next six seconds deals 40/70/100/130/150 (+ 60% AP) additional magic damage. Tannis will then regain 30/40/50/60/70 mana over 6 seconds.

With Ult active:
Cacophony of Silence: Tannis’ Aether Grasp will damage all units in front of Tannis when he uses his next autoattack instead of just his target. In addition, his target will be silenced for 1 second and Tannis will be refunded 20/25/30/35/40 mana immediately.

Shared Fate (W): Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Mana
Active: Tannis shoots a skill shot that leashes him to an enemy champion. While linked to that champion Tannis receives 10/15/20/25/30 (+2% per 100 AP) % damage reduction from that enemy for 5 seconds. The damage that is negated by Shared Fate is then returned to the enemy champion as magic damage.

With Ult active:
Communal Suffering: Shared Fate hits all units in a cone in front of Tannis. Percent damage reduction of Shared Fate is increased by 5/10/15%.

Void Possession (E): Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 Cost: 75/80/85/90/95 Mana
Active: Tannis stares deep into the souls of enemy champions who are facing Tannis dealing 40/65/100/125/150 (+40% AP) magic damage. The closest affected enemy will be stunned for 1 second as Tannis jumps into his soul and moves to his location. Enemies within range that are not facing Tannis take half that damage and are slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for four seconds.

With Ult active:
Wicked Tidings: All enemies facing Tannis are feared for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds and take 60/85/120/145/170 (+50% AP) magic damage. Enemies within range that are not facing Tannis take half that damage and are slowed by 25/30/35/40/45% for four seconds.

Unanchored Essence (R): Cooldown: 100/80/60 Cost: 70 Mana
Toggle: Upon cast, Tannis’ soul breaks free of his mortal bindings, leaving his body within 3000/4000/5000 range and moving to any location inside that range. Whilst in Unanchored Essence, Tannis’ abilities are enhanced and Tannis gains 25/35/45 movespeed. Tannis can prolong the ability as long as he has the mana for the upkeep cost (Upkeep cost: 25/30/35 mana per second). When the effect ends, Tannis’ soul is returned to his body, with a visual indicator to where that may be.

Note: This is my first (public) champion design, and I'm looking forward to any concerns/criticism/exaltation(:P) the community has for it! The lore was written by All Fallible.

Lexonia

11-19-2012

I like it he sounds really cool

All Fallible

11-19-2012

Thanks! This is the first game character that I've written a bio for and honestly it was the concept that I felt so drawn to. I've been a dedicated player to this game for a long time and I felt like this is something that would be really interesting to see.

That and I've always really enjoyed the Void lore that League has and I would love to see them expand on what's there. It has such an awesome potential for so many cool things in the game and I feel like Riot is waiting for the perfect moment to open up on it. Hope this encourages them to open up on the lore a little.

ZanzabarTheEagle

Recruiter

11-19-2012

neat a spirit esque champion, we need one of those.

irpod2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Sweet, I haven't seen anyone like this!
Really great champ idea guys!

Eternaljinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I love it. RIOT MAKE IT HAPPENZZZZZ

KMD Otherside

11-20-2012

This sounds amazing. His R'll have to be a dramatically scaling mana cost though due to its massive utility. I would instabuy this guy. Oh, and he needs to have a suit skin.

And the second joke might use a little change (just for the rhyme scheme)
"Roses are red, violets are blue, the void is coming, it will end you"

Or maybe that'll work as a taunt? Still, such great work.

(Edit) Now to change your premise, but I think it would sound cooler if Cho'gath were to have destroyed everything he knew and loved.

All Fallible

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalemega View Post
This sounds amazing. His R'll have to be a dramatically scaling mana cost though due to its massive utility. I would instabuy this guy. Oh, and he needs to have a suit skin.

And the second joke might use a little change (just for the rhyme scheme)
"Roses are red, violets are blue, the void is coming, it will end you"

Or maybe that'll work as a taunt? Still, such great work.

(Edit) Now to change your premise, but I think it would sound cooler if Cho'gath were to have destroyed everything he knew and loved.
I thought a suit skin would be awesome too! I like classy looking skins

The reason why I went with Kog instead was because in his lore it talks about him ripping through a nomadic village and I liked the idea of connecting to that here. I enjoy seeing lore intersect and overlap so I tried to include bits and pieces of what Riot already had in order to make it feel more natural to the Void stories already in place.

You're right though Cho rampaging through and devouring everything does leave a pretty impressive visual x)

marelord

11-22-2012

its a very good idea i dont see anything wrong with it as long as he can still be hurt while in his ult but everything else seems to work the whole him getting to the void by being a soul im a little meh about but it is possible since you said in his lore he went into the dessert and since the barrier is weakend there i think it could work

Firefawkes

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalemega View Post
This sounds amazing. His R'll have to be a dramatically scaling mana cost though due to its massive utility.
I've thought about that a great deal, and you're right. I'll make an edit for making the upkeep cost higher for every level in the ult. The main problem I am worried about is having the ult become too expensive to be really useful in fights late game, so the scaling won't be too extreme.