Need a reliable tanky dps garen guide.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrFoxx

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta7 View Post
The Plat that doesn't play Garen, obviously!

But seriously, who recommended a Black Cleaver? What the eff?

Brutalizer > IE > tanky stuff if you're dying > LW if they stack armor > eventually upgrade Brutalizer into Ghost Blade
The guy who actually read about how the new black cleaver will work recommended black cleaver.

Garen is going to be a dps beast in season 3.

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

QWEWWR; 9/21/0; AD marks and quints, armor seals, MR/level glyphs; IE, Atmogs if you feel brave enough, situational defense, maybe a LW if you're stomping really hard.

Listen to this on repeat.

Go get 'em, champ.

Alumenlux

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
I have no idea what the answer is.
Who am I going to believe based on those two setences:
The Plat this season or the unranked player?
Badges doesn't mean much , I am a few games away from plat this season too tho =]

That was too general of a comment for me to make. Let me rephrase. Garen doesn't do a lot of DPS in comparison to current popular tops (Darius, Jax, Irelia) past 25 mins into a game and assuming same amount of gold.

Krynul

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
The guy who actually read about how the new black cleaver will work recommended black cleaver.

Garen is going to be a dps beast in season 3.
Actually if you look over the stats both Ghost Blade and Black Cleaver are going to be great on him. Ghost Blade gives him crit chance to fuel judgement as well as that lovely active for the extra boost. Cleaver on the other hand will give him an AoE armor shred. I myself am not sure which is better in the end, though I'm dying to try black cleaver.

FancifuHarlequin

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
Badges doesn't mean much :D, I am a few games away from plat this season too tho =]

That was too general of a comment for me to make. Let me rephrase. Garen doesn't do a lot of DPS in comparison to current popular tops (Darius, Jax, Irelia) past 25 mins into a game and assuming same amount of gold.
This is true. You could build Garen glass cannon ad and maybe start to compete, but he can still put out a fair piece of damage with an IE and a brutalizer.

pantofla

11-19-2012

people say black cleaver not the old one BUT THE NEW ONE when S3 new items gonna add in the game,..

Samenko

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta7 View Post
The Plat that doesn't play Garen, obviously!

But seriously, who recommended a Black Cleaver? What the eff?

Brutalizer > IE > tanky stuff if you're dying > LW if they stack armor > eventually upgrade Brutalizer into Ghost Blade
I don't like IE on him, and I've tried it a lot. Sure, it's nice to get crits on spin, but it's too damn expensive and you are too squishy for too long.

Brutalizer-Sunfire-BT is where I'm at right now, and it feels good. That is lane dependant, of course. Against AD, you want that sunfire fast. He won't be able to touch you.

BT makes you tankier, as you get dat lifesteal. After that you can snag a GA or LW depending on how the game is going.

Samenko

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
Badges doesn't mean much , I am a few games away from plat this season too tho =]

Yes and no, depending on how you build him. If you manage to hit BT/LW and upgrade your early brut into a ghostblade, you hit pretty damn hard on your Q and spin. You would be suprised.

Of course, if you see people go sunfire-phage-GA, they will do absolutely nothing, yes

alpha quail

11-19-2012

Good damage items:

IE
PD (always after IE, reduces kiting and lets you abuse ability crits combined with IE)
Bruta -> Ghostblade
LW/Cleaver (cleaver after S3 update is insanely good on garen)

Good bulk items:

Randuins (don't FH)
Hexdrinker/Maw
Treads/Tabi's (don't get other boots)

You can also build atmogs or a sunfire cape but they're situational and i'm not a big fan of either.

QQ Bro

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigo Getsuga View Post
With good building order.

Ty.

step s to doing well with garen

1) play him in a normal game
2) realize how bad he is
3) stop playing garen

you can now win games.