Put requirements on ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gogy09

11-19-2012

Just level 30 is not enough. This is getting ridiculous, so many noobs are playing ranked right now that you can't even enjoy it when you win. It's either your team is bad or their team is bad, there isn't even once that I played a nice even ranked game that the winner was based on skills

My proposal is simple - put like 500 normal wins requirements before you can be able to play ranked. It's a new season, just something needs to be done.

PhoenixDog

11-19-2012

I knew I'd see a win requirement... Someone with 500 wins and 2500 losses won't make ranked any better than it is now. Anything short of an IQ test won't be enough....

Fredouken

11-19-2012

Or, you can be as good as you think you are, carry your team to victory, and be out of the awful elo's eventually. Wins, and even IQ tests, won't keep trolls from trolling. Higher elo (generally) has more people that are trying to win.

Edit: Besides that, everyone had elo brought closer to 1200... that includes much lower elo players going UP... give it a little time to balance out, and trust me, it will balance out.

adc

11-19-2012

Fredouken: The problem is not only with lower Elo players being brought up, but with new level 30s playing who don't have full rune pages, don't have a lot of champions, can't play all 5 roles, or any combination of them. Putting a win requirement on it won't fix it completely, but will help a lot.

Squilk

11-19-2012

make it where they have atleast 100 wins with a 1 to 1 win to lose ratio

gogy09

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
I knew I'd see a win requirement... Someone with 500 wins and 2500 losses won't make ranked any better than it is now. Anything short of an IQ test won't be enough....
Please show me someone that has that many loses over wins, never heard of such case, and despite that there won't be that many people with that ration.

Pyrodruid

11-19-2012

Ranked is not meant to be an exclusive club. At level 30 you have a full rune page and mastery points unlocked, so have equal opportunity with everyone else.

After a while you should pull out of the entry level elo, if you don't then you should probably stop looking at others' runepages/masteries/champ knowledge as a source of fault and look a little close to home.

Narati

11-19-2012

Rather then have wins, why not force people to have both rune pages filled out with tier 3 runes, both pages requiring separate runes for both pages. It may not fix bad players, but it would certainly stop people entering ranked with incomplete stats.

shadow99999

11-19-2012

i've seen people with 500 ranked wins still drag there team down and only could play one or two roles

Nerchio

11-20-2012

The funny thing here is that ppl in the forum think that riot read this =)