So it's apparent that I need to change my ways.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilight Velvet

11-19-2012

Alright, well to start off with, I don't consider myself a 'toxic' player or anything psuedo 'toxic' however lately it has become apparent that I need to change my behavior. In season 2 I was like anyone else and trolled people in game and was generally mild mannered. However, the end of S2 when all of the new things, I was getting reported for Negative Attitude. This at first was shocking to me, because my only form of negative attitude would have to be my sarcasm and my occasional "Honestly, how are you doing this bad? Just play safer..."

So...out of the blue I get a 5 days suspension. At first I was like "Well ****. I guess I'll go play TF2 and collect hats." So I really didn't mind the whole ban thing, but after getting back I get into 2 games. I kid you not, at the first hint of sarcasm "All Chat: Report ****** for negative attitude." Whoa? When did sarcasm become something entirely negative. Alright, so I tone it back. I get in the next game and we have a jarvan on my team, and I'm not doing stellar top lane. I forget to buy a ward, and the enemy lee sin is camping top. Immediately jarvan starts to get on my case for it, my response? "My fault, no wards." Simple enough, to the point, not being an ******* or anything. Then our morgana gets on my case, and they both start getting on me. Becoming increasingly agitated I start using "My fault, No wards" as an unintelligent sarcastic remark to jarvans all chat saying "Riven fed top, gg." After the game, morgana, jarvan and his duo partner all report me for negative attitude.

Now as much as I want to say "Get some thicker skin." I have to budge at some point, but it's very hard for me to just simple keep my input to myself. ONLY IN VIDEO GAMES THOUGH. I'm very quiet in real life, but apparently when I play games I'm just a 'total dick' and a 'toxic player.' So...

How exactly do you guys avoid this entire thing then? Be more constructive in my comments? Put the silly 'jk' after something? I'm unsure of how exactly to go about this because it seems that as this game grows, and attracts more individuals, it seems like we're pandering to a younger audience. I'm aware that for a while it was a toxic environment, but seriously some helpful advice would be nice.

Much Obliged,

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilight Velvet

11-19-2012

Instantly page 2 after 1 minute.

Bump.