PVP Client Crashes/Does Not Re-open After Victory Screen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rd201290

11-19-2012

Hey guys. I'm having a problem where after I leave a game (click "continue" on the victory or defeat screen) the game client closes but the PVP client does not re-open. It appears it stops running in the background and crashes. This happens after ALMOST every game and I rarely access the after-game lobby. It is very annoying. I've looked on these forums for solutions but no one seems to have posted anything about it. There have been a few topics without any responses on this issue but I hope that this isn't one of them.

So, known fixes? Ideas?

Thanks.

The Tardwrangler

11-19-2012

To get access to after game lobby click on the Riot icon in your task bar, it happens to me all the time, because it's 2 different clients sometimes this stuff happens, most of the time that works for me.

rd201290

11-19-2012

Thanks. However, there is no riot icon in my task bar. It's like the PVP client running in the background crashes after some games. Only way to get back in is to start the launcher again and relog.

Skoth

Recruiter

11-20-2012

I've been getting this problem as well. It's particularly frustrating because I can't honor the people who deserve it after the match.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

11-20-2012

I think I remember instances of this in the past being caused by anti-virus or other security programs nuking something after the match ends.

rd201290

11-20-2012

Thanks for the reply. Is there a fix / way to diagnose what is exactly going on?

rd201290

11-22-2012

Bump.

rd201290

11-22-2012

I've narrowed down the problem to a problem with Adobe Air. This crash is just part of a series of crashes that occur randomly where the client seizes to operate and displays a "Adobe Air debug launcher has stopped working" error. It appears I thought this was exclusive to after games because I don't see the report when I'm in the game (because I'm playing and it's happening on my desktop in the background) Anyone know a fix to this?

rd201290

11-24-2012

bump