Why is it always "You guys suck"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elric Sadricson

11-19-2012

While this may not be true for every single LoL player, in my experience, it is true for the majority

When someone loses a match in LoL, they pretty much always start ranting about how their teamates suck, towards the end of the game it carries over into /all chat

How many of you have won a game, thought everyone on both sides played well, and then see someone on the other team say "my team noob" or better yet, they blame a couple individuals (usually the teemo if they have one, poor teemo)

Why is it that the opposing team can never be good? Why must the loss always be because "my team noob"?

So here's my challenge to each and every one of you, next time you lose a match, consider the fact that maybe the other team was just really good, they had some skill, whatever it takes, let's just try to stop calling each other names and have a positive impact on the community!

tl;dr = if you lose it's not always because your team was bad, sometimes, it's actually because the other team was good (try being the glass half full guy for once!)

Sponbenz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Because Elric.
It's only a good game if you win.
Your teammates should feel happy to be in the presence of such a good player like you, and if you lose, it's really all of their fault.
All chat is the best way for everyone to make eachother mad and if you should be the first one to talk you will be the target of insults from both teams.

Elric Sadricson

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponbenz View Post
Because Elric.
It's only a good game if you win.
Your teammates should feel happy to be in the presence of such a good player like you, and if you lose, it's really all of their fault.
All chat is the best way for everyone to make eachother mad and if you should be the first one to talk you will be the target of insults from both teams.
I see what you did there

byobsoad2

11-19-2012

are you saying... we should... be.... nice? Wat

Taco the Dragon

11-19-2012

What is this... politeness?

Elric Sadricson

11-19-2012

Being nice / polite in LoL, that's like tackling world peace, we'll move on to that later, for now, let's just try to stop playing the blame game everytime we lose and instead consider that maybe the other team was just playing well

deusxmachina32

11-19-2012

agreed.

Rustmaker

11-19-2012

People are always overestimating their abilities, so it is only natural that many cannot fathom that they were somehow involved in causing the team to lose. They make excuses constantly, "oh, my fail support couldn't protect me in lane" or "lol, fail jungler doesn't gank enough". While all of these statements might be true - the fact of the matter is that most players are responsible in some way for their loss because they did not even try to encourage their teammates before passing judgment and blame on them.

The exception might be AFKers or deliberate feeders, but the fact is that most "feeders" are just players that have had to face a bad matchup or are simply not on their game. Telling people to "stop sucking" is completely worthless, and instead players should be focusing on trying any means necessary to encourage their teammates. If they really are THAT MUCH BETTER, then they should show it by imparting some meaningful advice or by calling the shots in team-fights and not by putting them down.

Bottom-line: I wish people would learn that LoL is a TEAM GAME. If players want to consistently win, then they cannot rely on individual skill alone and instead must encourage and cooperate with their teammates (even if they are "less-skilled").

Elric Sadricson

11-19-2012

I usually do my own thing for the most part until I see someone complaining that someone else is feeding. At which point I usually say something like "Hey, we've all had bad games, I'm sure he's trying his best, we all are, as long as he plays safe and doesn't try to make up for it, he'll be fine". I find that saying something like that can really encourage someone to wake up and play smart, complaining about someone "feeding" just makes them upset, and they usually try to make up their kills vs deaths ratio and just wind up dying trying to prove themselves to everyone else. Be friendly and compassionate has actually won me a lot of games, or at least I think it has *shrug*