Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"kats passive was buffed too hard"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeatRushVII

11-19-2012

Meanwhile back in reality, every single person who played pre rework kat scratches their head as they think fondly of free gold and 6 seconds worth of ultimates per team fight

DomainSpecific

11-19-2012

The only thing that made Kat better is her new W.

Before, her Q dealt more damage, plus applied wounds passive. If you used W+E, you would deal more damage and get more passive dmg reduction. Also, her R was more powerful.

And she got bonus gold on her passive (and more reduction).

Her new W is what made her unbalanced.

AL Penguin

11-19-2012

dat free gold...

I miss q tho the most

2pudge1cup

11-19-2012

it really was giving her the extra damage spell on w which put her out of hand.

i think she's gonna need another rework where that's shifted back to a utility spell so we can all go on with our day.

Valentíne

11-19-2012

Pick fizz on mid and you win.

BeatRushVII

11-19-2012

Quote:
AL Penguin:
dat free gold...

I miss q tho the most

i miss the popping sound shunpo made

POOF*

I also miss when a full duration ulti = three people dead. Now its better to just derp w over and over and ignore your R

Akesgeroth

11-19-2012

Quote:
DomainSpecific:
The only thing that made Kat better is her new W.

Before, her Q dealt more damage, plus applied wounds passive. If you used W+E, you would deal more damage and get more passive dmg reduction. Also, her R was more powerful.

And she got bonus gold on her passive (and more reduction).

Her new W is what made her unbalanced.

Exactly. Her new W makes a world of difference. Of course I love the new move, fits her character much more than Shunpo and Bouncing Blade, but it definitely buffed her immensely.

Akesgeroth

11-19-2012

Quote:
2pudge1cup:
it really was giving her the extra damage spell on w which put her out of hand.

i think she's gonna need another rework where that's shifted back to a utility spell so we can all go on with our day.

Hahahaha no.

BeatRushVII

11-19-2012

Quote:
Akesgeroth:
Hahahaha no.

As someone who has played kat since they started i have to agree to a point, her W is a large part of why people consider her op. Her ultimate had a LOT(and i do mean a LOT) more damage loaded into it than it does now. What that meant was if a katarina player derped and didnt get at least a good two seconds of her ultimate off she contributed a LOT less damage to a team fight.

Now there is no real way to reliably stop her from unloading her full damage potential to the team fight by fingering the W button relentlessly. I do think if they moved some of her damage off her W and onto her R it would even her out a touch.