Queue dodging in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dienasti

11-19-2012

Allow me to begin by saying that I fully accept the fact that I am in elo hell.

That said, I have been in queues back-to-back-to-back-to-back where summoners on the opposing team leave at the very last second. Is this a new trend?

And trolls, please be more responsive than simply copying and pasting the first line of my post.

Best Heim EU

11-22-2012

People are just scared to lose elo, if they think their team comp is worse than than the opposing teams comp, or there are trolls on their team, they will dodge usually at the very last second hoping some1 will dodge so they dont have to wait 30 min to start again.
NEVER accept elo hell because it doesnt exist

Brudagon

11-23-2012

I'm in ELO hell

Morbius2271

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brudagon View Post
I'm in ELO hell
No, you lack the skill to beat opponents higher than roughly your current elo. Get better --> win games --> get elo.

Alexanor

11-23-2012

I agree with the OP. This is absurd, especially when it takes five minutes to set the game up in general. There needs to be a more lasting penalty for this, not just a 30-minute slap-on-the-hand. After the first three dodges or so (which need to STAY with you for at least a few months), they need to start handing out bans.

It should be made known that ranked is for serious players, and people who don't take it seriously will have serious consequences.

Lochemya

11-24-2012

I agree with Alexanor in that there should be heavier consequences for continual dodges, but I have to say that a "30-minute slap-on-the-hand" has more than once made me reconsider dodging out of a ranked match.

Dodging is a common issue in lower ELOs, but I don't run into it very often in my own matches (I'm only ~1300). Ironically, the players with higher ELOs care less about it and are more concerned about playing the game.

Warteff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

So punish the players not trying to play with a guy who with last pick is pist cuz he wanted top lane and went another top lane champ and is going to troll with promote surge. So I should have to play that game with him and lose because thats the range of my elo. Really? that makes sense to you?

Hiroxo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Imagine if two players of your team argue over mid, they both instalock mid champs ie gragas and dianna on their turn, they dont dodge. Would you dodge this? If not, would you want to be punished severely for this?
There should be some "slap on the hand" because if it was done freely it would be too annoying, but 30 mins suspension stacking suspension is not bad I'd say. 60mins for 2nd dodge of the day...etc

Imagine playing basket ball and one of your team mates was a sloth, literally, while others were just basketball players. Do you really want to play that game? Of course if the punishment was too high you would sort of be forced to...

I think its just people not wanting to play with others they have doubts in.

Selcopa

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroxo View Post
Imagine if two players of your team argue over mid, they both instalock mid champs ie gragas and dianna on their turn, they dont dodge. Would you dodge this? If not, would you want to be punished severely for this?
There should be some "slap on the hand" because if it was done freely it would be too annoying, but 30 mins suspension stacking suspension is not bad I'd say. 60mins for 2nd dodge of the day...etc
No I wouldn't dodge. But most of you would dodge because you feel if you don't dodge you will lose more elo than other players so you feel compelled to dodge. If everyone were forced play these games, not only would this happen less(because players couldn't bully teammates into dodges) but it would happen equally to both sides

Quote:
Imagine playing basket ball and one of your team mates was a sloth, literally, while others were just basketball players. Do you really want to play that game? Of course if the punishment was too high you would sort of be forced to...

I think its just people not wanting to play with others they have doubts in.
That's called a pick up game. Or drop in. You play with what you got, and it happens a lot but it's no different from solo queue.

Hell I play in a weekly men's league for hockey and we all try very hard to win. We have a couple of bad players on our team. But you play with what you got. Get over it

N√łteworthy

11-25-2012

^ i disagree with you plat boy. i cant wait till im at your elo ill just go master yi support every game i hope you dont dodge.