Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Odd question regarding bans.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleBlitz

11-19-2012

why would impletment this, already i barely, get to play amumu, shen, alistar, blitz

with this they's be perma banned instead of people having to choose 3 to ban

Lvl17 Kirlia

11-19-2012

Quote:
PurpleBlitz:
why would impletment this, already i barely, get to play amumu, shen, alistar, blitz

with this they's be perma banned instead of people having to choose 3 to ban

on top of 6 other bans, why would they ban that when they can ban out strats rather then champions.

Lvl17 Kirlia

11-19-2012

Bump

Pissfer

Recruiter

11-19-2012

You COULD ban out all the ADCs, but why would you as the second pick team?

However, I do like the DotA2 ban system of bans -> picks -> second bans -> second picks. Gives more counterplay, because then you can ban champs only of the roles that they haven't picked yet. Can't remember the exact numbers they use though (6 bans -> 6 picks -> 4 bans -> 4 picks?)

Lvl17 Kirlia

11-19-2012

Quote:
Pissfer:
You COULD ban out all the ADCs, but why would you as the second pick team?

However, I do like the DotA2 ban system of bans -> picks -> second bans -> second picks. Gives more counterplay, because then you can ban champs only of the roles that they haven't picked yet. Can't remember the exact numbers they use though (6 bans -> 6 picks -> 4 bans -> 4 picks?)

Exactly what I was thinking, why would you ban out all the AD carries, and why would the other team ban the other set? its 5 for each team so i doubt they'd ban ALL the carries unless the other team joined you, which they wouldn't.

Lvl17 Kirlia

11-19-2012

Bump

Bananas de Fire

11-19-2012

Quote:
Darth Swiss:
Because thats just the way they did it. if they give us 10 bans, We can strategically shut down almost all of the annoying champs, Along with in championships it'll be able to shut down ALL of our available ADCs as we only have like 8-10.

I'd be ok with that, ban all ranged ad carries, and now we get to play the melle ones :P