Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Odd question regarding bans.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lvl17 Kirlia

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Just starting playing Dota 2 who has a total of 91 Champs vs our 107. So my question is why do we only have 6 bans when they have 10? Just comparatively speaking we have a huge selection and a very minor ban pool, your always letting something someone doesn't want through so why not give every person a ban or just give us 5 for each team?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hitaro

Senior Member

11-19-2012

In dota you don't have to wait to unlock champions. In this game someone could possibly ban all the champions you have with 10 bans. You'd be forced to afk and it'd be 4v5.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bDAD senpai

Senior Member

11-19-2012

They are uping it to 8 bans for S3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lvl17 Kirlia

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Hitaro:
In dota you don't have to wait to unlock champions. In this game someone could possibly ban all the champions you have with 10 bans. You'd be forced to afk and it'd be 4v5.


So doesn't that kill two birds with one stone requiring more experience to enter ranked? Along with more champions?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Swiss

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Because thats just the way they did it. if they give us 10 bans, We can strategically shut down almost all of the annoying champs, Along with in championships it'll be able to shut down ALL of our available ADCs as we only have like 8-10.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inkilo

Senior Member

11-19-2012

basically they can ban every champ for a role that's good at it and if their first pick then they take the 1 left

like 1 team gets 5 bans so they ban karth morg kat cho ahri then they pick anivia then your left with the weaker ones that can't match up to anivia as well

don't go judging the champs i put for example it will just defy the true propose


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lvl17 Kirlia

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Darth Swiss:
Because thats just the way they did it. if they give us 10 bans, We can strategically shut down almost all of the annoying champs, Along with in championships it'll be able to shut down ALL of our available ADCs as we only have like 8-10.


Wouldn't that cause people to actually play a different strategy? You'd have shen, malph and a bunch of other top ban champions open and it would diversify play wouldn't it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arclune

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Mechanic of the game plus champions/hero differences.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lvl17 Kirlia

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Inkilo:
basically they can ban every champ for a role that's good at it and if their first pick then they take the 1 left

like 1 team gets 5 bans so they ban karth morg kat cho ahri then they pick anivia then your left with the weaker ones that can't match up to anivia as well


ok so whats stopping them from doing the same to your top lane and then picking shen?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatedRetribution

Senior Member

11-19-2012

10 bans would be able to ban out all of the easy win champs. People would actually have to work to win instead of getting a better comp so easy.


12