@Red Summoner Names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The people that worked on it last year are not with Riot anymore, and there is not a good historical record of the thought process behind old sales. I was aware we retired a lot of skins at 75% off late last year, but just learned today that sale was tied to Black Friday.
MoneyPenny?! NOOOOOOO!

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

@Hippalus, there's an account that has a name I've been looking at which (I strongly suspect) has only the tutorials played and nothing else. Does this count as a game?

GreatSinner

11-21-2012

i was tracking a summoner name like 1 year ago, and he still in same level (21) and experience, he never drop the summoner name?

Autumns Serenity

11-21-2012

Will there be a way to reserve a name so no one snags it once the sale goes up in a frenzy and I spend RP for nothing?

RapidDarkness

Recruiter

11-21-2012

Woot I finally get Feral so sick of being called livn xD

DonQuixoté

11-21-2012

the name i want has no match history (i checked a year ago and they last played in 2010) but they are level 10

Gankstar Brian

11-21-2012

@ Hippalus, eCommerce Director.

I really want the name "Robber Baron", I want it so bad.

I've made a couple of threads on forums and even contacted support.

The account is held by a level 13, that hasn't played in a year. In addition only 1 of his games has been a normal game (in the sense non Co Op vs Ai). I'm going to assume it was farmed for a refer a friend bonus.

Is there any chance I will ever get this name? I've had a burning passion to get it for a while now and I truly want it badly. If some magic could happen, I would spend a 100 bucks on RP no questions asked (what company doesn't like profit).

I've put a lot of time, and money (don't tell me how much =p) into this game. I really want the name and the account that holds it probably won't play again.

Thanks,

Brian

Edgeworth

11-21-2012

Hey Hippalus, the summoner name i want is lvl 6 and hasn't played any normal games at all, and it's probably been over 3 years after it was created, i know because i tried to get it when i played LoL in open beta.

Is there any chance i can get it?

Shosuko

11-21-2012

Quote:
The announcement of the normal Friday sale is already locked in and ready to go. I'm not going to ask people to work Thanksgiving Day for this, even if it would make Riot a few bucks.

But I understand the excitement around a big sale, so we'll do it in January once the holidays are done and we can plan appropriately for it.
I'm with you on this one Hippalus. I'm also glad this is one sink that won't be fighting for my wallet that day, meaning I can rest easier spending what money I have budgeted elsewhere.

Why does everyone want to throw their money away all on 1 day anyway? Is this credit card binging? Or do you really budget unlimited monies to spend anywhere possible?

on topic - I'm also glad you will move on to higher level summoners who are inactive. Last cleanup I searched a bunch of names I'd like and found a few awesome names on summoners who are level 12-20 who haven't played in over a year. I understand you won't get to them now, but it's nice to see you aren't opposed to doing it if they are inactive for this long of a period.

Crayceratops

11-21-2012

Quote:
The Summoner Name Change cleanup and sale will be announced next week and will be live in mid December. We were hoping to get it done this week, but there are a lot of names, and some added complexity compared to last year.

All accounts which are level 5 or below and have not played a game in 2012 will lose their summoner name, and all Summoner Name Changes will be available for purchase in the store at 50% off. I'd like to do more of these cleanups in 2013 with different criteria, so if you have an opinion on why more (or fewer) accounts should lose their name next time, feel free to post it here.

The old accounts can be reactivated in the future, but they will have to pick a new name.
Oh wow didn't expect an answer. I greatly appreciate the response. That criteria sounds perfectly reasonable to me.