@Red Summoner Names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MatRu Go

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-21-2012

I want to transfer from east to west EU server, but my name is taken on west. Will I still be able to transfer?

BaoBaoaz

11-21-2012

Bring back the lolipopy skin

mgraydragon

11-21-2012

what if the summoner is lvl 12 and has not played since last summer

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

uhm Hippalus I Wanted to ask, I just bought a name change like 3 days ago, and thanks to the awesome riot team I managed to swap names with an old account of mine that I used to save the name I wanted for a while. There's absolutely no way I can receive half of my RP back right? I know it's a stretch and given the conditions I put you guys through it'd be a miracle if I could, but since you said the sale would've began this week I just wanted to ask O.o

Also O.o I thought my name would change in the forums too O.o is this some kind of bug? my name now should be "Hige" O.o

Illyriomysterio

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The announcement of the normal Friday sale is already locked in and ready to go. I'm not going to ask people to work Thanksgiving Day for this, even if it would make Riot a few bucks.

But I understand the excitement around a big sale, so we'll do it in January once the holidays are done and we can plan appropriately for it.
You could do Cyber Monday then, it'd make more sense anyway considering the nature of the product.

Super Yaoi Time

11-21-2012

I just got a name change 2 days ago....!!! Just my luck.... Is there any way I could get a refund and participate in the sale? ;4; (This always happens to me when I buy a skin full price, and it goes on sale a week or two later... )

Steam Store

11-21-2012

Quote:
The announcement of the normal Friday sale is already locked in and ready to go. I'm not going to ask people to work Thanksgiving Day for this, even if it would make Riot a few bucks.

But I understand the excitement around a big sale, so we'll do it in January once the holidays are done and we can plan appropriately for it.
Hey Hippalus

Just a suggestion, for the January sale can you let the player base vote for maybe a skin or two from the vault to be returned temporarily on sale? This would be a lot of fun and maybe give me a chance to buy red card kat!

Thanks!

JiMPER

11-21-2012

legendary skins on sale would be legendary

Thlng One

11-21-2012

Also will there not be a normal sale this Friday just like every other Friday, whats so hard to just add a few more skins and champs to the mix and call it the Black Friday deals? I am just confused to why no one in the company thought of this before today. I am sure people knew what this Friday was.

Mxie

11-21-2012

Quote:
Fair questions. Other than major events (Harrowing, Snowdown Showdown, Lunar Revel), we don't operate from an annual calendar in terms of how we plan (in other words, we don't say "let's do x because we did it last year). We look at the next several months and decide what's the best way to use our resources to bring great new stuff to players. That's why we built Shadow Isles instead of a SR map skin. And that's why Black Friday didn't even cross my radar until today.
Look I know this is pretty much borderline a personal insult, but how could you have possibly not known about Black Friday? I'm not a Riot employee, and I'm also fairly new (started in May), so I've never been here for a Black Friday but I still knew about it. How could one of the biggest commerce days in the United States "not even cross your radar?" Did you even ask other people that have been at Riot longer about Black Friday? I don't know the first thing about being an eCommerce Director, but I would think that "a possible sale on Black Friday" is pretty standard stuff for companies that sell stuff.

And if you don't want to ask people to work on Thanksgiving, I'll volunteer my services.