@Red Summoner Names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cid Raynes

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT #2 - I'll make a new thread for this on Black Friday. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes
I love how you like pointing out how Riot has many different departments, but you talk as if live design was the same thing as pricing and whatnot.

Zetsuann

11-22-2012

A shyvana skin for black friday/ january sale would be awesome.

Kwazzimoto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
I don't mind borderline personal insults, as long as they're tied to constructive comments or questions. The main focus of my job is to bring new ideas to Riot and drive them forward. Things that wouldn't happen otherwise: like gifting, ward skins, new summoner icons, new bundle technology, new types of sales (rune pages, summoner name changes) and more. That is where I spend my time. Week to week champion/skin sales and prices all happen the same way they did before I got here and don't need my involvement 99% of the time. That will likely change over time as I build out the eCommerce department and get more involved in those things, but I get more excited about the new stuff, and I think players will too at the end of the day.

And yeah, I get stuff wrong sometimes. Holiday ward skin rentals made sense to me at the time as a new way to liven up the holidays, but the reaction was more negative than I expected. I probably could have paid more attention to traditional eCommerce events like Black Friday. Most eCommerce companies consider Black Friday an opportunity to take advantage of lots of shoppers looking for deals, and I'm sure if we sold shoes, we would do the same. But, rightly or wrongly, we're way more interested in making the game better and trying new things to see what interests players.

That said, now that I realize players were excited about it and looking forward to it, I'll find a way to make up for it. A January sale event based on player input seems like the best option at this time. Will post more on this Friday.
Hippalus, I would LOVE to get any sort of confirmation or traction on whether Legacy skins will go on sale again. It would be AWESOME if this was the January sale... a lot of us wanted this as a Black Friday thing. I'm not disappointed/angry/insulting or anything. I just want to know what the chances of them being available again are....

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ght=kwazzimoto

There are a lot of threads about this (including mine, which I've been running forever...). What will it take to get any sort of answer? Can we do this for the January sale?

Internet

11-22-2012

Quote:
The point of the wipe is to free up names from players who no longer play the game. Smurfs that hold names just to troll is another issue entirely. I'm not sure how big of an issue it is, but if it is significant, we will solve it eventually.
Its a common issue.

Clearing last year was on Nov 3 Im betting, because the names I want all have games played on that date, yet nothing past it.
(See: Floyd, Internet, Email.)
(I have others lined up, also all with games on the same/similar date range.

You really should consider just clearing the accounts that haven't been used since then, and are being used very recently due to the clearing announcement, since its blatantly obvious.

Paine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

ty sir!

Killrazor

11-22-2012

Quote:
The announcement of the normal Friday sale is already locked in and ready to go. I'm not going to ask people to work Thanksgiving Day for this, even if it would make Riot a few bucks.

But I understand the excitement around a big sale, so we'll do it in January once the holidays are done and we can plan appropriately for it.
cant wait January

Guyversion2

11-22-2012

An IP Sale, while hardly feasible, might be nice riot...

not like the Skin Sales, with 50%, but more like a 25%-30% off sale. I dunno though.

MW A55 Violator

11-22-2012

some legendary skins on sale would be awesome

OneBigBugga

Master Recruiter

11-22-2012

Quote:
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT #2 - I'll make a new thread for this on Black Friday. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes
Bad planning is bad. This could of been taken care of awhile ago. I understand the desire to make Money riot, but no company is big enough to snub it's users. Mobas are becoming one of the fastest growing areas in gaming to date. The reality is if you snub your users enough, eventually they will get sick and tired of getting walked on and move to another game. Remember, it is the people that put LoL and riot games on top, it is the people who can also bring it back down. Blizzard is finding this out the hard way with Diablo and even Starcraft and WoW, don;t be like Blizzard riot, don;t snub your fans, do what you did last year and things will be wonderful.

Orangatang

11-22-2012

Quote:

Take a look at my thread, a lot of people want an answer
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...822952&page=18