@Red Summoner Names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

elojob

11-22-2012

I was really looking forward to the Black Friday sales. Not been this disappointed in a long time.

Hapsby

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
if you have an opinion on why more (or fewer) accounts should lose their name next time, feel free to post it here.
Hippalus I hope that next time you clean up names at least level 10 and lower. Many names I would have taken havent played games since 2011, but are about level 7.

Natalya

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strato5 View Post
check it on www.lolking.net
Gracias, fellow summoner.

CorporateCommand

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
Can a red tell me or anyone else who knows when a summoner name that isn't being used will be available?

I'd like to change the summoner name on one of my other accounts but the name is unavailable. Looking up the name that individual is only level 5, has 2 wins, and hasn't played in a year. Any way I can talk to someone about taking that summoner name?

Purple Hazzah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

I get the "black friday america" thing but honestly even if they DID put up huge sales.. wouldnt it be more appropriate to do like a cyber monday? Its actually a lot more popular than black friday..

xxSylphxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Hippalus!
Help me Hippalus!

I changed my summoner name (on EUW) to one using an accented 'S' character, because someone took the name I wanted to use. I'm quite annoyed that I had no warning about this upcoming 50% discount, nor any kind of reply, the last time (recently) I sent a support email about when 'Sylph' would become available on EUW.

If the name I originally wanted becomes available, Do you think I could get a change for free? I'd still have paid double the riot points other players will be paying to take a recently freed name, due to me missing the discount, but at least I wouldn't feel bitter about not having the name I wanted.

Just wondering. I feel a bit glum that I paid twice what everyone else will be paying, and didn't even end up with the name I wanted (I had to use an accented 'S' in Sylph)...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Ranzera

11-22-2012

Bring back Alien Invader 'dinger for the sale and put Arcade Sona on sale.

Duke Br0heimer

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The people that worked on it last year are not with Riot anymore
Which is a pity.

PVRSE

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippalus View Post
as i scan through the forums, i'm seeing a lot of interest in a black friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by friday. We've been busy working on other things for snowdown showdown and season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in january. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

Edit #2 - i'll make a new thread for this on black friday. Let's keep this thread about summoner name changes
moar skins

Inadzay

11-22-2012

Maybe instead of having the sale on Black Friday you can just have it next friday? Black Friday has no holiday value and players will be satisfied as long as you put something on sale. That would give you a weeks time to cluster some skins up and put them at 75% off.