Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Red Summoner Names

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muggsly

11-21-2012

1st no anniversary specials then no black friday sales and then a big sale in January? Come on do you guys follow the holidays at all? Who has money in January after spending it all on holiday gifts. November & December are the spending months while January is the Oh **** look at my Credit card month.

I am sorry but you guys are disappointing the hell out of me lately when it comes to things like this and looks like Steam sales will get all my November dough.

Also I understand you guys are working hard but how hard is it to put things on sale. I mean honestly half off X and 1/3rd off Y not really rocket surgery now is it. To be honest it sort of stinks of greed but I want to believe riot is still a good company so I will but it won't be the 1st time I have been disappointed by companies like that.

Zanthz

11-21-2012

I want Christmas presents!

Ninja Disco Frog

11-21-2012

Quote:
Mxie:
I could be wrong, but aren't there also quite a few clearance sales after Christmas? I haven't had money in years, so I genuinely don't know this.

Also we have no idea how good of a sale this would be. For all I know, it could be a huge blowout sale where I can buy 1 skin, get 2 free, of any choice I want. At least he's said that there will be one, and gave roughly the time it'll be, so we can budget accordingly.

He is also letting us suggest what things to have on sale. Am I the only one who sees this as a big deal? I'll happily save up some money, buy RP (maybe there could be a small RP sale on cyber monday? Maybe please?? ), and buy things that I am asking to be on sale. Its not a super guarantee that every idea will be used but still, nice to know we get to make an impact on a huge sale coming up and we know the date so we can easily still plan for it.

(And yes there are plenty of after Christmas sales that happen. Sales usually keep on going at least until mid-end of January as people end up returning gifts, exchanging them, buying gifts for people they missed or things that were sold out during black friday, etc.)

DaMiTzNhan

11-21-2012

Riot doesn't believe in American holidays.

I wonder if tencent celebrates Thanksgiving...

Comatose

Recruiter

11-21-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT #2 - I'll make a new thread for this on Black Friday. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes

omg, please put exiled/blackthorn morg and foxfire/midnight ahri and bilgewater/ merc kat

GrindyMcGrindy

11-21-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT #2 - I'll make a new thread for this on Black Friday. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes

IDK why you're getting downvoted for this. If you're working this hard on Snowdown Showdown I hope the skins are even better than last year.

Marijewana

11-21-2012

This may have already been said, but I think that making all legendary skins cost 975 rp would be a killer idea!

Kanitsura

11-21-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The Summoner Name Change cleanup and sale will be announced next week and will be live in mid December. We were hoping to get it done this week, but there are a lot of names, and some added complexity compared to last year.

All accounts which are level 5 or below and have not played a game in 2012 will lose their summoner name, and all Summoner Name Changes will be available for purchase in the store at 50% off. I'd like to do more of these cleanups in 2013 with different criteria, so if you have an opinion on why more (or fewer) accounts should lose their name next time, feel free to post it here.

The old accounts can be reactivated in the future, but they will have to pick a new name.

MORE accounts should lose their names!!! Anyone who isn't past level 15 or so and hasn't played in a few months should have their names available to be taken!

LMQ Mor

11-21-2012

Hippalus I'm very confused can you please explain when exactly you will clear up all the inactive accounts and when you are having the sale? I would please like an exact date instead of a mid december

OhhYeahGSO

11-21-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:

I would like to see some legacy skins come back especially mundo workout