@Red Summoner Names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morphine

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ýlliad View Post
You should do it multilevel and clear a lot more names out. People have to be way silly with names now.

Unplayed time - level cleared
6 months back - summoners level 5 and under
1 year back - summoners level 10 and under
2 years back - summoners level 20 and under
3 years back - summoners level 29 and under

Lvl 30? Name reserved for life.
This is a good idea. I'm sure there are hundreds of good names sitting around rotting. People whose alts they play less than 1% of the time, and will log on for their one perfunctory game in 2012, effectively locking out everyone else for having it. Can we make it so you need to put in more than the most trivial effort to reserve a name? Maybe get to level 10, or play more than 5 games a month, or something? I love the initiative to let people name-change, but this seems like a lot of great names will go to waste and end up rotting unused for another year.

Stormchaser1

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
By the way Hippalus, if you admit you ****ed up then do the sale next week instead of freaking January and say you are sorry for missing the Black Friday sale, problem solved, instead of that crappy January sale.
I don't get all the hate, You are just hasty of getting "skins NAAW PLOXX" If you have money now and not on January then buy the RP now and save them for January its the same thing and the sale might even be better than a sale they will put up at the last moment.

Granberia

11-21-2012

Can we have a return of all Legacy skins for a week I was never given a heads up when they were first removed forever(it was only said in forums no warning was given I game) I'd I would really really love a chance at these skins again.

Gurei Fullbuster

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I don't mind borderline personal insults, as long as they're tied to constructive comments or questions. The main focus of my job is to bring new ideas to Riot and drive them forward. Things that wouldn't happen otherwise: like gifting, ward skins, new summoner icons, new bundle technology, new types of sales (rune pages, summoner name changes) and more. That is where I spend my time. Week to week champion/skin sales and prices all happen the same way they did before I got here and don't need my involvement 99% of the time. That will likely change over time as I build out the eCommerce department and get more involved in those things, but I get more excited about the new stuff, and I think players will too at the end of the day.

I remember that--the rune page sale of "Buy one rune page, get one rune page free (IP or RP)." That was a very sad day for me, because I have had 19/20 rune pages for the longest time, so not only could I not take advantage of the event, I couldn't buy a rune page even if I wanted to! (because it would set me to 21/20 rune pages, I tried it, though I didn't one, but it really felt like salt in the wound)

bubs

11-21-2012

See I don't understand the whole level 5 thing. Let's say I played this game when it was in beta and I got the name "LoL", I get to level 5 and never touch the game again. Why wouldn't my name get reset? There is a name I want but it's level 16 and hasn't played for over a year, I don't get why there is a level criteria to be honest.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchaser1 View Post
I don't get all the hate, You are just hasty of getting "skins NAAW PLOXX" If you have money now and not on January then buy the RP now and save them for January its the same thing and the sale might even be better than a sale they will put up at the last moment.
It have nothing to do with me, it have to do with the claim that he cant pull anything to compensate till January, that's complete BS. There are plenty of better way to fix his mess other than a January sale, heck, he may forget about that too, seam to be his thing now.

Roccano

11-21-2012

Hippalus, if you are still here, what if the summoner is a level 30, but hasnt played since January?

Chislayer Osiris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Someone out there has my standard alias as a summoner name, but they're level 19 and haven't played in 4 months.
I really want that summoner name.

Pïxie

11-21-2012

The name I'm looking for played a few months ago, but is a level 1 account with exactly one game in the match history, which is a leave.

Crayceratops

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I don't mind borderline personal insults, as long as they're tied to constructive comments or questions. The main focus of my job is to bring new ideas to Riot and drive them forward. Things that wouldn't happen otherwise: like gifting, ward skins, new summoner icons, new bundle technology, new types of sales (rune pages, summoner name changes) and more. That is where I spend my time. Week to week champion/skin sales and prices all happen the same way they did before I got here and don't need my involvement 99% of the time. That will likely change over time as I build out the eCommerce department and get more involved in those things, but I get more excited about the new stuff, and I think players will too at the end of the day.

And yeah, I get stuff wrong sometimes. Holiday ward skin rentals made sense to me at the time as a new way to liven up the holidays, but the reaction was more negative than I expected. I probably could have paid more attention to traditional eCommerce events like Black Friday. Most eCommerce companies consider Black Friday an opportunity to take advantage of lots of shoppers looking for deals, and I'm sure if we sold shoes, we would do the same. But, rightly or wrongly, we're way more interested in making the game better and trying new things to see what interests players.

That said, now that I realize players were excited about it and looking forward to it, I'll find a way to make up for it. A January sale event based on player input seems like the best option at this time. Will post more on this Friday.
Personally, thanks for your efforts. I completely understand you guys missing Black Friday, it happens and more than once you have mentioned January. Just wanted to say thank you to you and your staff and there are many of us who appreciate what you do. Looking forward to your big plans in January, just don't disappoint us then

You're gonna allow us to buy magma chamber aren't you?