Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Red Summoner Names

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

11-21-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
That said, now that I realize players were excited about it and looking forward to it, I'll find a way to make up for it. A January sale event based on player input seems like the best option at this time. Will post more on this Friday.

JANUARY? are you some sort of money sucking leech or something? so, let me get this straight, you for some reason forgot about Black Friday and your only come back is to plan a sale on JANUARY? just when people have already spent their money on the Christmas sales? WTF man.

iSamurai

11-21-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
There is hope for you, but just not this year. I'd like to move up the level limit next year, especially on accounts that haven't played in a very long time, but this batch of names is already pretty big so we decided to cut it off at level 5.

I love how all of the names of champions have summoner profiles lvl 6 with 0/476 experience minus the Reds names such as Veigar lol

Reinous

11-21-2012

I see a lot of posts about Black Friday here... Because this is the internet, shouldn't the sale be on Cyber Monday? =x Either way it sucks that we have to wait till January but I'm out of money right now anyways, lol.

Vulking

11-21-2012

By the way Hippalus, if you admit you ****ed up then do the sale next week instead of freaking January and say you are sorry for missing the Black Friday sale, problem solved, instead of that crappy January sale.

Jynxed

11-21-2012

Lame, the name I want is level 5 and play it's last game of on January 8th. Weak.

KawaiiSenpaiDesu

11-21-2012

You should do it multilevel and clear a lot more names out. People have to be way silly with names now.

Unplayed time - level cleared
6 months back - summoners level 5 and under
1 year back - summoners level 10 and under
2 years back - summoners level 20 and under
3 years back - summoners level 29 and under

Lvl 30? Name reserved for life.

Mxie

Recruiter

11-21-2012

Quote:
Vulking:
JANUARY? are you some sort of money sucking leech or something? so, let me get this straight, you for some reason forgot about Black Friday and your only come back is to plan a sale on JANUARY? just when people have already spent their money on the Christmas sales? WTF man.

I could be wrong, but aren't there also quite a few clearance sales after Christmas? I haven't had money in years, so I genuinely don't know this.

Also we have no idea how good of a sale this would be. For all I know, it could be a huge blowout sale where I can buy 1 skin, get 2 free, of any choice I want. At least he's said that there will be one, and gave roughly the time it'll be, so we can budget accordingly.

Stormchaser1

11-21-2012

The summoner name I want is a level 5 summoner with only normal games played and the last one was the 12th of july.

Peridition

11-21-2012

There's a reason companies typically don't run strong promotions in January and September. After people have been purged of their money from the holidays and back to school. But hey, figure that out the hard way I guess...

KawaiiSenpaiDesu

11-21-2012

Well honestly how hard is it to come up with a sale on the fly? Just gather up your 10 least popular skins and put them up 75% off. Done. You make clean thousands and thousands of dollars and we get pixels.

Missing black friday and cyber monday, the 2 biggest sale days of the year for ecommerce is pretty silly to jack up to "we were too focused on season/winter launch." As a graphic/web designer, I can't imagine how it would take my team more than a day to come up with a sale and ads for it.