@Red Summoner Names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFogel View Post
I have a question you may or may not be able to answer Hippalus, but...

I have an account with a username I desire for my main. If I buy a name change for the smurf and then a name change for my main, will I get my username?

Or do i have to email support?
Get 1380 RP and send a support ticket in to Riot.

It was 2011 when I did this but they allowed me to swap summoner names for the price of 1 name change.

The Fizznity

11-21-2012

I'd like to see a pick 3 or 4 normal skins (price tiers 520-1350) for the price of one legendary, I think. Or maybe "pick one skin and pay what you want".

And definitely a PFE to normal legendary sale

Trigbomb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

You work in eCommerce, and you forgot about Black Friday (and/or Cyber Monday)? That's like saying that you are a doctor, but forgot how to use a thermometer.

This is my official prediction of the some hardcore Hippalus trolling. Not buying it Hippalus!

Map Awareness

11-21-2012

I think the name cleanup should be done for accounts below level 10 instead.

Although I'm saying this solely because the summoner name "Anemia" is taken by an unused level 9 account so old it has absolutely no games recorded.

Neozs

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippalus View Post
as i scan through the forums, i'm seeing a lot of interest in a black friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by friday. We've been busy working on other things for snowdown showdown and season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in january. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

Edit #2 - i'll make a new thread for this on black friday. Let's keep this thread about summoner name changes
i trusted you riot... Damn i f***ing trusted you!!!! T_________t!!

EnerGiman

11-21-2012

Hi, the name i want its EnerGizer this was my account in the past but i forgot the pasword and mail can i take my name again?

Terrathraex

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT #2 - I'll make a new thread for this on Black Friday. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes
You have failed me Hippaulus.

vegivampire

11-21-2012

Quote:
I don't mind borderline personal insults, as long as they're tied to constructive comments or questions. The main focus of my job is to bring new ideas to Riot and drive them forward. Things that wouldn't happen otherwise: like gifting, ward skins, new summoner icons, new bundle technology, new types of sales (rune pages, summoner name changes) and more. That is where I spend my time. Week to week champion/skin sales and prices all happen the same way they did before I got here and don't need my involvement 99% of the time. That will likely change over time as I build out the eCommerce department and get more involved in those things, but I get more excited about the new stuff, and I think players will too at the end of the day.

And yeah, I get stuff wrong sometimes. Holiday ward skin rentals made sense to me at the time as a new way to liven up the holidays, but the reaction was more negative than I expected. I probably could have paid more attention to traditional eCommerce events like Black Friday. Most eCommerce companies consider Black Friday an opportunity to take advantage of lots of shoppers looking for deals, and I'm sure if we sold shoes, we would do the same. But, rightly or wrongly, we're way more interested in making the game better and trying new things to see what interests players.

That said, now that I realize players were excited about it and looking forward to it, I'll find a way to make up for it. A January sale event based on player input seems like the best option at this time. Will post more on this Friday.
Just to back you up over here, I've had to google black Friday as I've never heard of it.

vegivampire

11-21-2012

Quote:
The Summoner Name Change cleanup and sale will be announced next week and will be live in mid December. We were hoping to get it done this week, but there are a lot of names, and some added complexity compared to last year.

All accounts which are level 5 or below and have not played a game in 2012 will lose their summoner name, and all Summoner Name Changes will be available for purchase in the store at 50% off. I'd like to do more of these cleanups in 2013 with different criteria, so if you have an opinion on why more (or fewer) accounts should lose their name next time, feel free to post it here.

The old accounts can be reactivated in the future, but they will have to pick a new name.
In terms of smurfs being deleted, they do have their uses, I purely have this one to comment in discussions on the NA fora as my main is in EU. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be deleted but if the fora are not to be linked is it possible to have some sort of tag on your account hat says that you'd rather be assigned any random name instead of having your account deleted?
Sure it's nice having the same name as my main but it is not required.

I do realise though that I can just play a game when this is announced and will be planning on doing such, however I thought it might be helpful to point out this consideration.

Xerónn

11-21-2012

So I was falsely promised by support that I would be able to retrieve the name I wanted q.q

He is a level 10 but hasn't played in 7 months.