Is it safe to play ranked yet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeffosaurus Rex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

No, it isn't over. I'm 9w 13l this season and there's atleast one gold trimmed player every match. The games I win I go like 10/1/10 and the games I lose my mid disconnects during every teamfight or my ADC goes 1/30/0 and our support is AP katarina.

I went from 1300 to 1476 in the last week of s3 after a break from the whole season. So I'm just going to play dota 2 for a while and then rank up without a modifier.

SinRG

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffosaurus Rex View Post
The games I win I go like 10/1/10 and the games I lose my mid disconnects during every teamfight or my ADC goes 1/30/0 and our support is AP katarina.
I don't think I've even seen a bot go 1/30 before lol...

BananaSniper

11-20-2012

You're probably one of the "bad kids" and just don't know it yet. poor sob...

chomcham

11-20-2012

I was surprised I went 3-0 last night. It was not the fact I was surprised how well I did but how well my team did. I main support and it was a change of pace to have a decent adc that could hold his own. Although if I were to show any of the lol replays I carried him on my back, basically telling him when to engage and when to back. It feels good to almost be out of elohell and I willl be making my way up the ladder.

soulesstwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

as a person who fell as low as 950 elo last season, i now feel like i have an advantage over most people playing, trying to get back to their old elo. I dont trust a single person on my team. this is not to say i dont work with them, i juts expect them to be so stupid it makes me want to cry. By doing this I've gone 8-2 since starting ranked again and im climbing higher! (I'm already 150 elo over my highest record last season)

first time Vayne

11-21-2012

I tried a duo queue with a friend the other day. Mind you I am about 1250 elo and he is over 1600. I played ad carry and he played support Volibear. By the mid game, I was fed and he was fed (multiple triple kills plus some others). Basically, from bot lane we managed to bring a fed ad carry and fully carrying support Volibear. It was hilarious.

However, our jungling Jax never did anything... Their jungling Yi camped us and mid -- we ate him, but he ate our mid. And our top Darius fed their Cho. <-- I don't even know how that happened. Needless to say, We lost by a frustratingly close, but inevitable margin. My team was comepletely useless... -.-

So no, I don't think ranked is safe yet.. But will it ever be at low elo? haha

SeeYah Nerdah

11-21-2012

People tend to surrender after a small disadvantage. Or they wont surrender, they just give up on it.

PrfsrChaos

11-21-2012

I wouldn't touch ranked until the new items/changes/etc come out.

Berthkgar

11-21-2012

My very first game i duo queued with a friend and then her internet cut out. She was my support against a draven/nunu combo. (we were graves/sona). I was able to hold my lane and could have turned it around but our jungler never came to gank (I was pushed under my turret, easy gankin' for a shaco right there). I called MIA's on Draven when he went to roam/gank (I had placed wards in river myself) my mid doesn't stop pushing super far, neither does my top.

Next game: I jungle as Shaco (he's one of my best/favorite junglers to play) after telling my team not to push their lanes too hard if they want a gank. Our GP wanted an early gank against Irelia and I was going to head that way after blue/their red... I head up there and he's push her nearly to tower already so I can't gank effectively. I go back to my jungle for some creeps and then head mid... I actually get an assist! Then I head back to my jungle and get my wraiths and my red for the xp, then head bot to gank their caitlin and janna... our ADC doesnt focus the weak support who's already at 3/4's health even after we ping her since the cait was about to teleport back. We get the Janna, I die to cait because Graves didn't let her go back to base for a free kill on Janna.

After that? Everytime I was on the side of the map, a lane was pushed really far and it allowed their rengar to gank with impunity.

My lesson? Only play Solo Top from now on because at least if something bad happens in that lane, I know it's my fault (unless my jungler tries to gank while I'm not there and gives them double buff)

Agent Pwnage

11-21-2012

Play singed, go top and spam laugh in the lane and as they try to kill you. If your teamates are feeding go straight into enemy vision, laugh, get caught, escape, enemy team will surrender. Sorta how Dyrus became 2k elo +