The new interface, mainly the item shop.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TogarIrongrinder

11-19-2012

Hey there riot! I'd like to start of by saying that this is one of my favorite games, I've been playing it since around this time last year and I've had a blast with the intense competitive game-play. I would however like to submit one request pertaining to the new interface. I went on PBE to play the new champion, and to see what new experience you will be offering for season 3. First of all, I think you might be dumping a few too many items into the game at once, and that it'll be a real struggle balancing them all, and that the loss of heart of gold is personally a bit saddening, but overall they wouldn't be that big of a deal to me if it wasn't for the massive overhaul of the already perfectly functional interface, and most importantly the item shop. The item shop was fine and I could navigate it like the back of my hand. I don't perceive any benefit I could possibly garner from this change, and what i can clearly see is the determent of having to relearn a new, overwhelming,over flashy, annoying to use interface instead of one I know, and can use quickly. That combined with the fact that I have to learn a bunch of new items through this brand new medium, that replaced the old, near and dear to my League of Legends experience, items shop is quite frustrating. Change for the sake of change pertaining to how the game itself will play are fine because hey, they allow it to continue being a dynamic, and that's all part of the fun. But randomly changing the item shop only serves to make your player base uncomfortable in the game during a time of great change. I am not saying that you should remove the new item shop, I'm sure you all worked very hard on it, and that some people would actually prefer it's more open style. What I am asking is that you undergo a task that should be very simple for programmers of your caliber. Please, give us the individual option to switch back to the season 2 user interface. I know you might perceive it as a waste of your time since your main motive may very well be monetary gain, and you most likely don't stand to gain any from doing this. But I think that most companies will agree that to an extent showing your users that you want to please them is also important, and this is one very simple way. Thank you for your time.

TogarIrongrinder

11-19-2012

Golly, I sure hope a Riot employee stumbles upon this post and helps me out O.O

Martytotheparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

I sure hope riot see's this too, I'm very unhappy with the shop it seems like HoN shop to me and the main reason i don't play HoN is because of the item shop. Also just to many items. If they don't put this option in I'm quitting. I mean its not that confusing just the overwhelming amount of items and changes.

Reubenm7

11-21-2012

give me some eye-rest, I don't feel like reading this solid block. throw some indentions, some spacing, bold out points, make a tldr

Mastamune

11-21-2012

I find the new interface to be superior, personally. I don't know if leaving the old shop as an option is...well...favorable. This set up gives you far more information about items and build paths.

You can modify your search needs via the markers on the right side (the Attack speed/Armor etc tabs). This makes searching for specific items even easier. The inclusion of the search bar means finding the item you need only takes a bit of typing.

Oh, and consumables are always the first items at the top of the list when you switch to all, making it faster than the old menu (return to home> Consumables > Profit).

it's just like any other change, you just need to spend a bit of time with it to learn it. The only change I would like is the ability to make our own "recommended" item builds. It's not that important, but its something i have always liked about the original shop.

TogarIrongrinder

11-22-2012

It doesn't matter which shop is more efficient, what matters is what shop I'm more efficient with. Change for the sake of change in this area can impose literally nothing but annoyance to people who don't value the what the new item shop offers. I know the items, and I can navigate the old system super fast. It's not like any other change because this doesn't even hold a potential to improve my experience in the game. Giving the option to switch back only affects those who want to switch back. And it's so easy for them to change, it's not like I'm asking for much here. They already have the programming! Fully functional and running. Although I cannot do it myself, even an programmer as inexperienced as I can see that it wouldn't take riot's staff but hardly any effort on their part. So i fail to see any reason for your point of advocacy Mastamune. If they listened to me, you could have the new one that you find better, and I could have the old one that I prefer and it would make everyone happy with the situation with little effort expended on the part of the programmers. Not that they'll ever see this and listen:/

ShadeOfRed

11-22-2012

they're still working on it, but I feel like they are going to try going with this for a while.

I just wish they made it a cleaner functional interface where I didnt have to scroll so much if I wanted a basic item like a BF sword or a NLR...... its a basic component, you shouldnt have to scroll down a list to find it.

Ozwizard6

11-22-2012

The old system was new player unfriendly. It took forever to navigate if you weren't completely familiar with it and all the items.
The new shop gives you a search option if your new and someone says buy x item but you don't know what stats that item has. search option! you can sort it by stats just like the old shop, and more quickly since you don't have to go backwards and then forwards again. finally, the new recommended items is a step in the right direction on that regard giving the players options, and also being updated. Honestly, just learn the new interface and become even faster than before.

JykkntiBlind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Pretty sure Riot said that the old interface couldn't handle so many new items, and that the reason they had so many new items was because they wanted to upset the meta and see where everything lands.

LtEarthworm

11-22-2012

Better recommended items, a search interface, filtering (by multiple types no less)
I fail to see how the new shop interface is less efficient. This change is good. It takes time to get used to new things. Soon enough you'll be navigating the new interface as fast or faster than the old one.

Also, it needs to stay because I can type "Tons of Damage" if I want Trinity Force.