"There are no sexy men"

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fishnchipsmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Partisan View Post
Varus is the only really good example of this. The attractiveness of the other male characters listed are a side affect of their athletic and fighting abilities. They have varied body types, archetypes, ages, and many other things female heros in this game lack.
that's actually a problem that people have with all the females tho. it's not that they're attractive, it's that they're unrealistic and stereotyped. for men, strength is a major part of attractiveness, and a general stereotype of what makes a man "sexy".

InertBlowfish

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Partisan View Post
Well, it doesn't get more sexist and gender binary than this folks.
I'm sexist because I see things for how they really are, instead of living with the fantasy of a perfect world?

No. I'm not sexist. I just readily admit that mob rule does exist, and mob rules that their desire are scantily clad fantasy women and burly men beating up on each other.

Of course, this is a flavour of the month type scenario - the next generation may have geeks and clinically obese women as their idols for all we know.

This whole debacle is brought about by you politically correct nutjobs that believe perfect equality comes before all other human needs.

First world problems at their finest.

VexTheHex

11-19-2012

How is Rugged Garen not sexy? Facial hair isn't good looking in msot cases, Dreadknight is hotter. Garen lacks any personality as well, he is just a "I'm a soldier."

How is Lee sin not sexy? He is, he also has personality besides kill.

Tryndamere? MUSCLE MAN SMASH MUSCLE MAN IS ANGRY! Haha, no.

Varus? Arclight Varus is sexy. Regular Varus has his manhood covered in corruptive ooze that is going up and not down.

Twisted Fate? Egh, facial hair ain't bad on him, but those giant blue glowing eyes are a tad bit creepy. His personality can either be seen as charming or scumbag. I'll say overall he is one of the better males.

Pantheon! Give Katarina the Pantheon helmet, is she still the same level of sexy? You won't know her face, her hair, her eyes, etc. Also he is another "I am soldier, I fight now!" Though his baker lines are cute.

Olaf! Pretty ugly, more facial hair than man. And a mixture of A MUSCLE MAN and "I'm a soldier ready to fight now."

Malzahar! Err, he is decent. His personality is pretty lacking since he is just some tool of the void.

Ezreal! Alright.

Kassadin! What? Blue man with a squid face thing that sounds like that star wars bad guy? No... just no.

Jarvan! Another "I'm a soldier, I'm ready to fight now!" His lore makes him impressive, too bad that's as far as personality got him.

Jayce! I think he is decent, he at least has charm mixed into his soldier personality unlike Pantheon, Jarvan, and Garen.

Graves! Egh, he is alright. Looks a bit old.

Darius! MUSCLE SMASH I RAGE IS ANGRY I KILL YOU and greying hair.

ONES YOU FORGOT

Taric- He is actually quite handsome in his current splash, his personality is a little o.O. But, I think he at least has more charm than most of the RAGE KILL SMASH or I'm a soldier from ____, I fight for their honor and their way of life cause I'm a soldier.

Talon- Dark mysterious guy didn't make your list? he gets major points for being not a hulk body type, though of course he is all armored out to the point even his hair color is unknown.

Yi- Like Talon has the body, just don't know what he looks like under the mask.

Tspuun

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raloosh View Post
That's a point I'd also like to make.

This is a subjective topic. Hell, I find 90% of the women to be not that attractive. Sure, there is "sexy" and "marketed as sexy".

But honestly, why is this such a big deal for women?
A. It's Fantasy
B. I see women EVERY DAY wearing revealing clothing. contradictions pls.
C. Not very many men care if the women have 2 moons attached to their chests. BUT SOME DO CARE. And it SELLS for these people.

I'm just an idiot though so whatever.
First off, women are not a hive mind, and just because some women dress light or show off, does not mean that that is what women as a whole like to do, and just because two women think differently on a topic, does not mean that all women think both of these contradicting things at the same time.

Second, when every or nearly every female character is presented as the same kind of generic sexy and put on display like that, it sends the message that, since this is fantasy and representing some kind of ideal, the ideal woman absolutely must be sexy even at the cost of things like practicality or having a personality outside of "alluring, manipulative, or at least flirtatious." Often, they're not being sexy for themselves or simply being confident in their own skin, they're putting on a show for the presumed heterosexual male audience. It's a little bit obnoxious when it's shoved in your face all the time, and there's plenty of heterosexual males who get pretty tired of it from time to time.

Sure, *** sells, but it's important to remember that it's not the only thing that sells, and if you saturate the market too much, it's eventually going to stop selling so well.

Raloosh

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexTheHex View Post

ONES YOU FORGOT

Taric- He is actually quite handsome in his current splash, his personality is a little o.O. But, I think he at least has more charm than most of the RAGE KILL SMASH or I'm a soldier from ____, I fight for their honor and their way of life cause I'm a soldier.

Talon- Dark mysterious guy didn't make your list? he gets major points for being not a hulk body type, though of course he is all armored out to the point even his hair color is unknown.

Yi- Like Talon has the body, just don't know what he looks like under the mask.
Actually, I was considering adding all 3 of those, but thought I'd get even more flak for it.
Ah well.
Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspuun View Post
having a personality .
I'd like to say that League of Legends Lore is dead. So that isn't going to actually happen anytime soon unfortunatey.

Drozzi

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexTheHex View Post
How is Rugged Garen not sexy? Facial hair isn't good looking in msot cases, Dreadknight is hotter. Garen lacks any personality as well, he is just a "I'm a soldier."
Just because they don't fit your preferences doesn't make them not sexy.

I'm just saying.

&I'd go gay for rugged garen

Tspuun

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raloosh View Post
Edit:

I'd like to say that League of Legends Lore is dead. So that isn't going to actually happen anytime soon unfortunatey.
I was talking more media in general than League in specific. League does a pretty good job of giving characters distinct personalities, for the most part, even without a whole lot in the way of backstory. You've got characters like Draven and Lulu who have big, very distinct personalities, and their lore is "is an executioner for Noxus" and "wandered into the woods and accidentally a hundred years or so" respectively.

VexTheHex

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drozzi View Post
Just because they don't fit your preferences doesn't make them not sexy.

I'm just saying.

&I'd go gay for rugged garen
That's one thing, straight men have pretty different views of what is sexy on men than actual females or gay men.

Of course things differ between each, but most of the others I play with think TF and Graves are hot, while Olaf and Tryndamere are not. And of course whether you like him or not, Ezreal is popular as well.

Durzaka

11-19-2012

The biggest difference, is that women are VASTLY seperated from each other on what is sexy.

most men will agree, nice sized breasts and ass are sexy.

A lot easy to make a stereotypical woman to please most men than it is to make a stereotypical man to please most women.

Rhookie Miztakes

11-19-2012

Darius is hot

1234567 ... 11