MIASMUS- THE SOUL EATER! Please give me feedback!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FyreFrost

11-19-2012

Hey Summoners and players of the League,

I woke up today feeling like making up a champion of my own. Personally, I have high hopes for it already and if you guys think it has potential, I want Riot to see this thread and consider bringing my champion to life...if this happens it would mean so much to me and my life would be sooo complete(:

I'm not so good with art and lore, so I didn't include it with this post. I just made the skills and stuff :x Also, the reason I'm posting my idea on here is that if you guys have any changes that you think could balance the champion a little more, please don't hesitate at all to give me feedback!

Sorry for all the text! Here's what you actually wanted to see- here I go! I'm not good with formatting also, so it might be a little hard to read :s I'll also include my own little guide and stuff for fun.

Basically, Miasmus is going to be a champion that relies on farm to cast abilities and power up. If people aren't good with last hitting, then they shouldn't play this champ, but his passive gives him well, passive, soul generation if you aren't doing so well with farm. I guess it is a new concept, but that's why I want you guys to help me balance this out. His skills don't cost much souls, but I felt like his skills needed to use them since they involve exploding souls, corrupting souls, etc. Without further ado...

Miasmus, the Soul Eater

Health 380 (+80)
Health Regen 5.2 (+0.55)
Mana N/A
Mana Regen N/A
Range 550
Attack Damage 50 (+3)
Attack Speed 0.650 (+2%)
Armor 16 (+3)
Magic Resistance 30
Movement Speed 305

Passive: Soul Siphon
Everytime an enemy minion or neutral monster dies from a basic attack/ability, Miasmus gains a soul. Miasmus also gains 5 souls on kills/assists. Miasmus also gains a soul every 15 seconds, and this is affected by Cooldown Reduction. On death, Miasmus loses 20% of his current souls.
For every 15 souls Miasmus has, his armor and magic resist are increased by 1.

Q: Soul Wave
Cost: 1 soul
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Damage: 30/35/40/45/50 (+75% AP) Magic Damage (+0.25 True Damage per soul before cast)
Range: 1050

Miasmus fires a pure soul in a straight line, dealing magic damage and true damage based on the amount of souls Miasmus has. Targets hit are marked with soullight for 5 seconds, and any ability Miasmus casts that hits a target with soullight will deal 25 + (5*level) additional true damage.

I designed this skill to be some sort of poke, as well as an initiator to his killer burst combo. He can W then Q then ult then spam E multiple times to kill a single target quickly, or just quickly Q then E for some quick harass damage.

W: Soul Grief
Cost: 3 souls
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Slow: 10%/10%/15%/15%/20%
Range: 900
AoE Diameter: 1000

Miasmus torments an area with corrupt souls, slowing all enemies inside. Any cataclysms cast inside it deal 15% increased damage and any minions/monsters/champions killed inside of it by Miasmus give off 1 bonus soul.

This is a great spell to accelerate his soul farming, as well as use in teamfights so your cataclysm (E) can do much more damage.

E: Cataclysm
Cost: 1 soul
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Damage: 50/70/90/110/130 (+25% ability power) (+0.33 damage per soul before cast) Magic Damage
Range: 700
AoE Diameter: 500

Miasmus detonates the energy is a soul in a area near him, dealing AoE damage. Every 5th time this spell is cast, the AoE diameter is increased by 200 and Miasmus heals for 20+(targets hit*8) health. Champions count as 3 targets, and spell vamp still procs.

This is his spam spell and probably main source of damage. It has a low cooldown and will be his main source of damage in teamfights.

R (ULT!): Distortion
Cost: 10 souls
Cooldown: 120/110/100
Damage: 120/240/360 (+20% ability power) (+1 damage per soul before cast) Magic Damage
Range: 800
Fear: 1.25/1.75/2.25 seconds
Absorb: 35%/50%/65%

Miasmus pollutes the soul of a target champion, fearing them and doing instant damage to them, and absorbs a percentage of the damage dealt (after all damage calculation) as health. If it is cast in soul grief, Distort deals 18/22/26% more damage, and silences the target for 1 second after the fear.

This is his ult. While it doesn't deal too much damage, the CC is great for teamfights if used on the carries.

Well, there it is...phew! My hands hurt :P

If Riot were to make this champion, which would be soooo awesome, I'd build it this way:

I'd start out with the usual boots and 3 HP pots, then rush a hextech gunblade for the spell vamp, since cataclysm can heal him a lot and give him great sustain. I'd then get sorcerer's shoes and add on rylai's for some durability and great slows from his Q and E. Then, it is pretty much up to the player. Personally, I'd just go for the usual void staff or rabadon's and yeeeah.

Of course, you should get his W first to farm with auto attacks, then get cataclysm for faster farming and then get his Soul Wave to poke and use his EQ combo. Max W first (and R whenever possible, duh) then get to maxing his soul wave.

And there you have it.

Hope Riot sees this! ^^ Happy LoL'ing!

FyreFrost

11-19-2012

Bump =\

No one commenting or giving feedback? D:

Armatron12345

11-19-2012

looks good but it might be hard to get souls early game but great late game champ. bump.

FyreFrost

11-19-2012

Hmm...well the souls start generating once the game starts, so at 1:30 you would have 6 souls already. Maybe I could change the passive soul generation to 1 soul every 8/8/8/11/11/11/15/15/15 seconds. It is still affected by CDR, so I guess getting a kindlegem early game would be beneficial too.

FyreFrost

11-20-2012

Bump again.

FyreFrost

11-25-2012

Another bump? D:

Vultir

11-25-2012

well the per souls before cast stuff should be taken away from all abilitys its kinda op nef the ults cc and i think it still needs a little tweaking

FyreFrost

11-26-2012

I agree with the ult's cc, it should be a little nerfed, but what do you mean with the "per souls before cast"? That just means the damage will be based on the amount of souls you had before casting the spell, which won't make much of a difference damage wise.

Xarue

11-26-2012

Srry but i think that stacking souls is kinda dumb (srry to be bashfull), the passive is kinda like trundle where he gain life from slained minoin and creeps. Im just sayin it risky, takes a long time and really dumb, nice idea but it a no go for me, plus its kinda cheat to have the souls boost your mr and speed like that, knowing you can just farm minions to get a buff. the ult is too much, it fears and stuns, thats kinda just over powering a little bit. There, feedback, srry if it sounds bashfull.

ZanzabarTheEagle

Recruiter

11-26-2012

the ult seems a little over powered in my opinion, at max its a 2 second fear then if it was cast in the W it then stuns them for 1 second and then it reduces their armor and magic resistance. the part that concerns me is the 1s stun after the fear its basically a fiddlesticks fear and (everyone hates that) with the added bonus of a stun and then the reduction of their armor and magic resistance (but that part concerns me less). i dont know what i would do to change this, maybe just up the fear to 3s if they are in the W when this is cast, and maybe reduce the duration of the armor and magic resistance de-buff from 5 seconds to 3 seconds after the fear? also whats the max count for souls that he can have via his passive, i dont believe that was established.