Syndra.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxiousx

11-19-2012

Is not as bad as i keep hearing... Sooo whats the problem ?

shadow99999

11-19-2012

idk why people complain so much about her i like her

weizhong5

11-19-2012

She's not BAD per se....the problem is that the roles she can fill can also be filled by others very easily.

Essentially
Syndra = Decent
Other mages = Better

Beta010

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by weizhong5 View Post
She's not BAD per se....the problem is that the roles she can fill can also be filled by others very easily.

Essentially
Syndra = Decent
Other mages = Better
Wrong.
People just don't know how to play her.

It takes the right comp, or the right lane matchup, and a bit of skill with her q,w and she is an absolute terror. Unstoppable. Her stun is one of the best in the game if you do it fast. It can stun all 5 people on their team.
But its NOT, I repeat NOT an initiation. Utility only. Escapes / supportive team stuns only.

Post lvl 9 her q is unmatched in short cd burst. Better than veig and vlad q cuz its aoe, more damage than lb q or kat w. Shorter cd than xerath, morg, brand q's.

TeknoWizard

11-19-2012

She's burst AP Carry. She gets damn good damage on her R with a lot of balls in the area. But after that, her damage turns kinda "Meh.", whereas a, say LeBlanc, would still manage to do respectable damage post-ult.

Sir Kingpin

11-19-2012

requires to much effort and timing to maximize her dmg in a fights. many other casters require less and does just the same .

Joe Krake

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Kingpin View Post
requires to much effort and timing to maximize her dmg in a fights. many other casters require less and does just the same .

Pretty much this.

Nothing more frustrating then doing her E and the ball goes slightly of where you wanted it to go.

There are just better choices.

GurkenMAN

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta010 View Post
Wrong.
People just don't know how to play her.

It takes the right comp, or the right lane matchup, and a bit of skill with her q,w and she is an absolute terror. Unstoppable. Her stun is one of the best in the game if you do it fast. It can stun all 5 people on their team.
But its NOT, I repeat NOT an initiation. Utility only. Escapes / supportive team stuns only.

Post lvl 9 her q is unmatched in short cd burst. Better than veig and vlad q cuz its aoe, more damage than lb q or kat w. Shorter cd than xerath, morg, brand q's.
Disagree. Stun is OK, but long cd and only defensive tool on 1 ability. Fast q-e leaves q on cd for the stunduration.
e also the only defensive skill.

She´s UP! Numbers prove it.
Some guy sad- she´s not bad- but other mages are better. That´s the fact!

GurkenMAN

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madtbagger View Post
Is not as bad as i keep hearing... Sooo whats the problem ?
The problem is you have 0 wins and 5 loses with her on the account you´re posting from.
So there also seems to be something wrong with your perception...

41 minions after 26 mins also really is- Veeerrrryyy low, so i assume thats not a smurfaccount or something you are posting from.

So plsplspls- play some more and then you can judge champions.

Paint4blood

11-20-2012

Syndra has wicked insane farm, simply grab a minion with w and throw it at another group and immediately drop your q. As the game goes on you can clear an entire wave of creeps by yourself. As for the ult combo this is how I do it; q, w (at the enemy champs of course), q, then ult and finally use e to hopefully stun most of the enemy team. After your ult, which whoever you used it on should be dead, you will have 5 orbs on the field if you did it properly which means your e will have a small chance to completely miss. By this time your q will be back off CD and you can continue the fight.

I do agree that syndra has to setup everything for her ult to do maximum damage but with enough practice it really isn't that hard. Early game I generally go without dying until one of my teammates feeds or something else like that. My last game with her I went 1 and 0, that was only because my jungler would gank but take the kills so I was relying heavily on farm that game. Most games I go pretty even with kill/death ratio with kills usually being more, so a positive ratio.