Ranked isnt for practice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lord Kirby

11-19-2012

Okay, so in three ranked games the other night, I had people "trying" out champions they just bought. And I know you're thinking "just que dodge then". Well the problem is that they didn't tell us until I called out a Miss Fortune for rushing phantom dancer. Why do people think its okay to use ranked as a form of practice? It should be a bannable offense in my opinion. I'm not a high elo, but I'm not low. I hovered in the 1200-1450 range during my first thirty ranked games. Does anyone else share my pain?

North

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Oh yes.

I've now been dragged down to 900 ELO because people on my teams would rather do the following than play:

1. Fight or chat
2. Rage quit
3. AFK
4. Rampantly disconnect
5. Zero map awareness

Or you get:
1. Who should I ban?
2. TOP, I can't play anything else but TOP. Take TOP and I'll feed.
3. Last pick: I can't play Support, I suck at it
4. BAN the character no one ever uses

Or they are just plain bad. I've been playing this game since beta and I'm not bad at it, I'm not super pro either but I know I don't belong down here. This really sucks all the enjoyment out of the game for me since 2 of the above player types can make or break your game. Unfortunately I'm now trapped here and playing regular games doesn't serve a purpose for me because there's nothing at stake.

KyoNanashi

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
Oh yes.

I've now been dragged down to 900 ELO because people on my teams would rather do the following than play:

1. Fight or chat
2. Rage quit
3. AFK
4. Rampantly disconnect
5. Zero map awareness

Or you get:
1. Who should I ban?

Or they are just plain bad. I've been playing this game since beta and I'm not bad at it, I'm not super pro either but I know I don't belong down here. This really sucks all the enjoyment out of the game for me since 2 of the above player types can make or break your game. Unfortunately I'm now trapped here and playing regular games doesn't serve a purpose for me because there's nothing at stake.
You just explained exactly how I feel. Sometimes I wonder if those people are even capable of living their lives.

Selcopa

11-20-2012

I would like to see replays of you being dragged down to 900 via these reasons. I would be willing to bet that a slightly better player in your situation could have won some of those games that you lost

North

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Selcopa, I used to think the same thing in season 1 when I was less experienced. You can always try to conduct an experiment with an account in low ELO to see if you can climb out. If you can get out of 900 ELO to lets say 1400, I would be interested to know who you used and how you did it. But believe me, it's pretty bad down here now and extremely difficult when the whole team refuses to work together for various reasons.

Amatzikahni

11-20-2012

Quote:
You can always try to conduct an experiment with an account in low ELO to see if you can climb out.
Proven hundreds of times. If you can't believe the proof already out there, you won't believe us if we chose to do it. I'm not going to waste my time.

North

11-20-2012

You guys really don't get it do you. I'm going to list all the games I play this evening then, here's what has happened so far. I'll update as I play.

Game 1: I played Ali support. Jungle Noc did nothing but farm and didn't gank once, never ulted once mid roamed and smoked everyone.
Game 2: I played Naut Jungle - Win, everyone worked together and watched the map
Game 3: Mid Fiddlesticks disconnects 4 times in the first 7 minutes and then gives up and leaves. Top SION feeds 8 kills, I play Taric and im the only one leashing red for Lee (make sense out of that). Sivir argues that everyone sucks after she dies 6 times getting flipped by Voli. Lee gives up and leaves. It is now 3v5; surrendered at 20
Game 4: I play support Naut. Other team has no jungle, we have jungle Lee = free win
Game 5: We have Naut (I was first pick and didnt want to get countered so I took support) Sion and Mord, a player says 'we have no tank' (we have three viable tanks)...Things do not bode well. Noone is watching the map, Teemo isnt even farming(in fact I have no idea what hes doing), Sion and Mord don't speak. Twitch is the only one who hasn't had a lobotomy. No one is laning, Mord is in the jungle pretty much all game while fights go on around him..30 mins in, still hasnt spoken.Sion doesn't understand that combat involves more than running into three people along and hitting his ult. No surprise. At the end of the game in chat I find out that three of the opposing team don't speak English either, no wonder it took us 42 minutes to lose.

And this is how it goes. I could play a carry but trying to get carry position every game is difficult due to other players trolling if they don't get what they want. So this is how it works, you win 1 game, lose two or three. Very rarely are you lucky enough to get 2 in a row. I really don't get how matchmaking works, the opposing team is always ALWAYS 10 times the skill level so it's an auto-loss. You can see the teamwork in lane ganking right off, people watch the map, call MIAs and so on.

Poisonsivy

11-20-2012

My best advice here, after my several hundred games, and research on this topic, is all in Champion select. When you are in champion select, and people are already *****ing moaning at each other?... Dodge it, You dont lose elo, you lose 30mins, go shower, eat some food, etc... try again, When you get into a champion select and people are getting along, but the enemy team is heavily stacking and countering you, Dodge it.

Here is why: don't take a risk when you know that the statistics are for that kind of stacked team, Don't take a risk with *****ing people because chances are THOSE are the AFKers... Those are the people who get so pissed off at the system, the game, the other people playing there roles, etc... and just dodge it.
Then when you get in champion select, and things are looking good... Then, you go for it. Make sure you have NO distractions when you play ranked, and make sure you reset your modem etc before you que so you don't have connection issues.

The next best thing I can say is.. DONT be the *****y whiny person. Talk calmly at all times, Even when things are looking glum and it looks like you are going to lose, stay positive, and don't harass those, who did happen to feed. People need TEAMMATES, not those who are going to put them down when they make a mistake, if you do that they are 50% more likely to make more because the pressure, or harass they feel. so try to keep your team calm, and happy, and with hope, and you'll win more games.

If you follow what I just said, your games will bring you out of ELO hell.

ForgetYouFool

11-20-2012

Quote:
Oh yes.

1. Fight or chat
2. Rage quit
3. AFK
4. Rampantly disconnect
5. Zero map awareness

Or you get:
1. Who should I ban?

Ik this feel...

GreenTeas

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonsivy View Post
My best advice here, after my several hundred games, and research on this topic, is all in Champion select. When you are in champion select, and people are already *****ing moaning at each other?... Dodge it, You dont lose elo, you lose 30mins, go shower, eat some food, etc... try again, When you get into a champion select and people are getting along, but the enemy team is heavily stacking and countering you, Dodge it.

Here is why: don't take a risk when you know that the statistics are for that kind of stacked team, Don't take a risk with *****ing people because chances are THOSE are the AFKers... Those are the people who get so pissed off at the system, the game, the other people playing there roles, etc... and just dodge it.
Then when you get in champion select, and things are looking good... Then, you go for it. Make sure you have NO distractions when you play ranked, and make sure you reset your modem etc before you que so you don't have connection issues.

The next best thing I can say is.. DONT be the *****y whiny person. Talk calmly at all times, Even when things are looking glum and it looks like you are going to lose, stay positive, and don't harass those, who did happen to feed. People need TEAMMATES, not those who are going to put them down when they make a mistake, if you do that they are 50% more likely to make more because the pressure, or harass they feel. so try to keep your team calm, and happy, and with hope, and you'll win more games.

If you follow what I just said, your games will bring you out of ELO hell.
Well said Poisonsivy. Last season i was at 900 elo and gave up, I started playing again towards the end of the season to see what i could do and i kept a nice and calm attitude with my teammates and it does in fact increases the chance of winning. I ended the season with around 1200 elo which was a huge increase when you're at such a low elo.