Forums annoyance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrappyboss13

11-19-2012

So I found that my "Junior Member" title was taken off now so I don't know if this post will be fine or not. Anyways, I can post on the school IP but apparently I can't post on the forums at home. It says access denied, anyone got any ideas why? Thanks if you post~

Scrappyboss13

Chopinator

11-19-2012

Make sure you are logged into your account at home, I find I have to log in on my phone everytime I get on forums.

OriginalJack

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappyboss13 View Post
So I found that my "Junior Member" title was taken off now so I don't know if this post will be fine or not. Anyways, I can post on the school IP but apparently I can't post on the forums at home. It says access denied, anyone got any ideas why? Thanks if you post~

Scrappyboss13
Try clearing your history/cookies etc from your browser, that usually fixes it for me.

Scrappyboss13

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopinator View Post
Make sure you are logged into your account at home, I find I have to log in on my phone everytime I get on forums.
I do, but it just acts as if I never logged in ;-; Thanks anyways

Ministry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

This is a common problem that has nothing to do with your member status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot dArtagnan View Post
Hey Guys!

Thanks for bringing this issue to the Help and Support Forum. One of our awesome Wrenchmen already provided some information for you guys, but i wanted to take a moment to piggy-back onto his messaging.

While this is currently being looked and investigated, i would like anyone who is experiencing Access Denied Errors to try the following steps to see if this resolves your issue:

1. Go to www.leagueoflegends.com
2. If the top bar shows that you are logged in, click "Logout"
3. Clear your browser histories and cookies. Reference the instructions on the following website for your Browser of choice: http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html
4. Close your Browser and re-open it.
5. Go to www.leagueoflegends.com and click on the Forum. Make sure you are still not logged in.
6. Go back to the www.leagueoflegends.com homepage and log back in (It is important that you do not attempt to login from the top bar while on the Forum page itself.)
7. Return to the Forum. You should now be able to access it normally.
8. If you continue having issues, please try logging into the forums from another Browser (if you normally use Firefox, try Chrome, if you normally use Internet Explorer, use Firefox, etc.)

By following these steps, you should hopefully be able to resolve this error and access the Forum's normally! If you continue to experience any severe issues accessing the Forum's, make sure to send us a new Support Ticket* so we may work with you one-on-one until arriving at a Full Resolution!

* Keep in mind that this advice was given based upon the information provided. If you would appreciate a further one-on-one interaction to solve this issue, make sure to send us a Support Ticket! You can send one from here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/tickets/new Also, if you could please provide a link to this forum thread in the new ticket, it would be incredibly helpful!

Please visit the above instructions to fix the "Access Denied" Bug. Thanks!

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...30084#30130084

BardicPaladin

11-19-2012

This particular bug is annoying, here's how to fix it:

1. Go to the home page (leagueoflegends.com)
2. Log out
3. Go to the forums
4. Log in.

It worked for me when I had this issue.

FaceRoll13

11-19-2012

Have you tried refreshing the page after you login?

I find if I am reading a page, login, and go back to post in the page, that it doesn't show that I'm logged in until I refresh the page.

Scrappyboss13

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
This is a common problem that has nothing to do with your member status.

Please visit the above instructions to fix the "Access Denied" Bug. Thanks!

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...30084#30130084
Thanks~