Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Shop Old Shop Suggestion

keep both shop with an option to choose the one you prefer ex:menu->interface/display->show old shop 60 41.96%
add the old interface inside the new shop ex:recommended,all item,old interface 21 14.69%
delete old shop 67 46.85%
revert new shop 17 11.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 143 .

POLL:New Shop Old Shop Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dremiist

11-19-2012

hi riot my name is dremiist and I have request to ask you.

can you keep both shop interface?

can you add an option to have the old shop interface?(menu->interface/display->show old shop) I don't hate the new shop interface but it's hard for me to get used to it because it changed dramatically 3 day playing on pbe hardcore and I still can't get used to it

I like the new shop "type to search option" but I don't like the theme . I like the old theme,where the recommended item are located and the defense,magic,attack,movement,consumable interface,I find it easier to concentrate.

there's always the possibility to add the old shop interface inside the new shop (recommended/all item/Old interface). recommended item could be visible all the time on the top right of the screen. another reason I like the old interface more is because it's bigger and everything is easier to see.the HUD scale doesn't work with the shop it would be nice to have a (shop HUD scale) option.

question: if i modify/customize the new shop HUD (to look like the old shop interface) will it be considerate as hacking?

thanks in advance!

TL: DR
can you keep both shop interface with an option to have the old shop interface(menu->interface/display->show old shop) or add the old shop interface inside the new shop(recommended/all item/Old interface)

EDIT: Shop Feedback
need a support/gp10 category: to be more aware of the new support item.

need the old recommended item back with the new item I really enjoyed them and I'll be adding them inside my customized item <3.need more essential,offensive,defensive recommended item by adding the old recommended item it should do the trick.

need additional item category:support , armor/magic pen etc

can we have the recommended item appear on the top right of the screen(a little like the old shop) for faster interaction, trust me its faster for instant buying mainly for those using LoLitemchanger (P click click P run to your lane)

bunch of items not appearing in the right category,this could be a bug I'm not sure.

buy,sell and gold value icon location is a bit confusing (selling an item by mistake) both buy and sell icon should be at the the bottom right of the screen imo.the typo should be above the item recipient/requires.sometime i think i have the right gold value(which I don't) to purchase an item because the icon next to buy is flashing in the shop(screenshot attached) so i go back to the shop,it could be a bug since it shouldn't be flashing if I don't have right gold value.

this is why i think the typo should be above the item recipient/requires and the buy,sell icon at the bottom of the screen.(like the old shop).
as you can see on the picture above i swapped the recipient and the item detail from place,it's for faster access with your item on the bottom left side of the shop, click your owned item double click the recipient or press click to buy,reverted the click and buy icon place to avoid selling mistake, recommended item on the top right side of the shop double click to instant buy,P(open shop) double click item P(close shop) run straight to your lane.(2 second shopping)
less awful Photoshopped version above ( still awful ,I really need to start using photoshop )
item shop,size and typo comparison:I reduced iron first size by a tons and it's still bigger than trinity force (3 tree for TF and 2 for iron fist,Iron fist icon tree too wide TF item tree more close up.TF typo is stick together when iron fist is not making it take more place.) black background with white font seemed easier to read.

i was going to talk about the size of the new shop (HUD scale) but with the latest PBE maintenance http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2819489 they fixed it,superb!

p.s: I suck at editing >_<''

FSN Shirou Emiya

11-19-2012

I most definitely would have to agree, keeping both shops would be great. I know that Riot really thinks that it's much easier to navigate once you learn it, but I feel that a lot of people will be turned off by the new shop. The new shop is really hard to navigate on the first go-through of it.

Having both would be really nice, I personally still like the old one even though I know how to navigate the new one.

Bogieman

11-19-2012

To be fair, I really dislike the new shop - it feels too much like DotA 2. The old one was far better.

Dremiist

11-19-2012

bump

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-19-2012

The old shop interface used a lot of outdated and ancient code, and is completely and utterly separate from the new shop - they share no code at all. The old shop was holding a lot of things in the game back, so it will not be kept, even as an option.

That's Riot's line on it, by the way. Not my opinion (and I don't work for Riot).

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-19-2012

The old item shop has quite a bit of limitations for us. It's rather difficult to add and adjust it for multiple reasons.
New 4 depth items (New gunblade, Blade of the Ruined King, Muramana, Seraph's Embrace, Runic Aegis) don't work.
Anything that has an odd build tree (Hydra) doesn't work.
Enchantments are confusing to deal with.

It'll also be easier and more consistent on our end to only update a single item shop for things such as new categories or recommended items. How the game deals with loading things such as recommended items is much more dependable allowing for the possibility of adding features such as custom recommended items much more feasible a goal.

The new item shop is a significant departure from the old, but I implore you to give it more of a chance. We can do quite a bit more with it and if it's problematic we can even change it and adjust it much more quickly than the current item shop.

KesslerCOIL

11-19-2012

Could double clicking to buy be removed?
I dont know why but league legends acts like i double clicked sometimes and i end up buying something buy accident.
Or could you implement that 100% refund feature so i dont waste gold?

namora

11-19-2012

I wouldn't mind 100% refunds while buying/selling an item in the shop during that shop "session".
often times I'll click on an item I want to sell and I'll accidentally buy it instead of selling it.

pyrojazz

11-19-2012

The New shop is way more streamlined and easier to navigate. People are just throwing a hissy fit because it is something new on top of all the new items and item changes.

My only complaint so far is that we need a Gold per 5 category or at least include it as a keyword for the search bar.

Dremiist

11-19-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
The old item shop has quite a bit of limitations for us. It's rather difficult to add and adjust it for multiple reasons.
New 4 depth items (New gunblade, Blade of the Ruined King, Muramana, Seraph's Embrace, Runic Aegis) don't work.
Anything that has an odd build tree (Hydra) doesn't work.
Enchantments are confusing to deal with.

It'll also be easier and more consistent on our end to only update a single item shop for things such as new categories or recommended items. How the game deals with loading things such as recommended items is much more dependable allowing for the possibility of adding features such as custom recommended items much more feasible a goal.

The new item shop is a significant departure from the old, but I implore you to give it more of a chance. We can do quite a bit more with it and if it's problematic we can even change it and adjust it much more quickly than the current item shop.

it's all good i got a TONS of suggestion for the new shop

also thanks for reading my thread!