Season 3 elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaFiaQc

11-19-2012

Just got started did 6 5v5 matches won 4 lost 2 (played very well in all of them, as my team and opponents said) but only got like 1253..... seriously what is wrong??

how could I have 10/0 for my placement matches??? it's impossible due to ******* (ex: lost a game cauz last one was afk in champ selection so we ended up with 2 APc...)

Seriously Riot needs to change something in Solo Queue...

Hanzo604

11-19-2012

You have more than 6 placement matches, the first 10 matches may give the biggest boost and drop but long after 10 games you will still be getting more than 12 elo for a win.

1253 isnt a bad start, if you really dont belong there, then you will continue to win games and move above where you are at. Just keep playing.

GoldenPwner

11-19-2012

1253 is pretty good...trust me..your above elo hell and at around 10 games in ranked is when you get the most accurate elo ranking.

Amatzikahni

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPwner View Post
at around 10 games in ranked is when you get the most accurate elo ranking.
I'm not sure how to take this statement, but any way I think about it, it's just wrong.

After ten games, your Elo is still changing by ~20 or more; stable Elo change is in the 12 area and that happens maybe after 30-60 games.

Your most accurate Elo is determined after hundreds of games. By then, you've filtered quite well, and as long as your last ~20 games don't have a large swing (say, 15 wins and 5 losses), then you're probably very close to your true skill level.

And regarding the "Elo Hell" statement, I played someone who was 1650 and didn't know that Redbuff slowed. Elo Hell is everywhere.