Team Comp Theorycraft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleric

11-19-2012

So I was just thinking about a Team Comp to run with and just wanted to get people's thoughts on it.

Top: Gankplank
Mid: Karthus
Bot: Ezrael/Sona
Jungle: Amumu

Let me know.

Puritys Disciple

11-19-2012

Usually a strategy has some thought put around it, not a dice roll of champions selected from standard meta positions.

If you want feedback, you might want to elaborate what exactly this team comp is supposed to be good/bad at and why.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

Well if you want a movespeed theory craft then why not use the team Mosckow 5 used last year?
Gangplank
Miss Fortune
Jana
Lee sin
Gregas
Try to outrun this team, its not going to happen ever.

Maleric

11-19-2012

Sorry, I figured it would be evaluated based upon known knowledge of how each champion contributes to a game... so I suppose I'll explain.

Gankplank has his global ult, and is all around decent harass and chaser.
Karthus has his global ult which is good at forcing the enemy team to stay cautious as well as kill any one trying to flee.
Ezrael has his global ult as well, which is another good way to kill fleeing enemies as well as other utilities.
Sona has an AoE stun is an all around solid support that can take a decent beating and dish out a bit of damage as well as buffing her allies quite a bit.
Amumu has a great initiate and is quite tanky with AoE dmg and CC all around as well as a single target stun/initiate.

Why I was thinking about this team is this team has increadibly high map control as well as a massive teamfight presence.

Picture this: Amumu bandages in to the middle of the enemy team and uses his ult. Gangplank uses his ult right on top of him, and Karthus comes in with his AoE. Ezrael, can use his ult possibly or save it. When Amumu's ult ends, Sona can use her AoE stun to continue keeping the enemy team suppressed while primarily ez and karthus destroy them.

Once the enemy team finally gets out of all this CC, they're at an incredible disadvantage and will most likely run, which will then allow karthus to use his ult and finish off one or two people, and ez to use his ult now if he chooses, and gangplank can also chase someone down who just wasn't quite dead.

If they do choose to fight, then you'll finish them off pretty quickly, cause despite the massive dmg you just did to them while they were CCed, you can still do more.

Furthermore, with the massive map presence that ez, gangplank, and karthus bring, if a lane is getting pushed, gangplank and ez can stop it without even being there and Karthus can stop someone tower diving trying to backdoor (as they'll most likely be at really low health trying to tank the turret themselves), or just force someone to recall due to low health after his ult in general.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

Well you did say a team comp "to run with" lol so I was only trying to help =P. That team comp is fine but the real question is will it work against X enemy team comp. For example
Vlad Top
Morgana Mid
Maokai jungle
Nunu support
Graves ADC
That would be a interesting match to watch wouldnt it?
Or how about against
Shen Top
TF Mid
Shaco Jungle
Kogma ADC
Soraka Support
Global verses Global right?
Or how would it do against this?
Malz Top
Morg Mid
Warwick Jungle
Leona support
Tristana Support
Imagine all of that suppression it would be a fantastic battle!

Maleric

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Well you did say a team comp "to run with" lol so I was only trying to help =P. That team comp is fine but the real question is will it work against X enemy team comp. For example
Vlad Top
Morgana Mid
Maokai jungle
Nunu support
Graves ADC
That would be a interesting match to watch wouldnt it?
Or how about against
Shen Top
TF Mid
Shaco Jungle
Kogma ADC
Soraka Support
Global verses Global right?
Or how would it do against this?
Malz Top
Morg Mid
Warwick Jungle
Leona support
Tristana Support
Imagine all of that suppression it would be a fantastic battle!
And this is why I posted. To see what others thought of its viability. Naturally you could pick counters to each champion, but I'm speaking on a more generic level as to the power of the team overall.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

No I gave very specific meta responses to your post. I was glad to help as one of my strengths in any game is researching. I assure you if I was on the enemy team I would pick the appropriate meta theme to combat that comp. I have a lot of good comp ideas. If you would tell me what you think of those three comps? Do you think only professional teams can counter? I like you and this topic a lot and look forward to your detailed response =)

TeknoWizard

11-19-2012

Just finished up an awesome game. A Yorick was top, with Jax jungle. We had a Kayle-Twitch bot lane, and I was midlane Zilean. Yorick, Kayle and I, every fight, would blow everything on Jax. He was invenurable, would revive with 2000 health when they drop him, then come back full again if they drop him a second time. Oh, and there was a clone of him wailing on them the whole time. It was brutal to watch.

Well that, and I'm a sucker for good 'ol fashioned poke comps.

Maleric

11-19-2012

Quote:
Vlad Top
Morgana Mid
Maokai jungle
Nunu support
Graves ADC
Laning, I think these teams would be pretty even, however, I think the team comp I posted above has the better initiate, and would get in the first hits. Afterwards, whomever's left of your comp, could do a lot of burst, but I think the initial blow would be too much, not to mention this comp also wants to stay close and even if you kill karthus, you're still taking a lot of damage in that area. Also, I think you'd be down at least Graves by the time my comp's CC is done.

Quote:
Shen Top
TF Mid
Shaco Jungle
Kogma ADC
Soraka Support
This combo is set up to snowball hard early/mid game and if that happens this comp would beat mine. It would truly be a matter of skill and how many kills your comp got early. Late game I think my comp would win and later team fights as well. Shaco isn't a good team fighter, and TF can be easy to focus. Also you don't really have much CC.

Quote:
Malz Top
Morg Mid
Warwick Jungle
Leona support
Tristana Support
To start you have me confused with Tristana support on top of double support. Never seen, nor thought of Tristana as a support, and to be honest I don't really know how she would support lol. I'll assume that's a typo though and hope you meant adc.

Malz has a lot of harass, and would probably force Gangplank to tower hug, and with warwick might get a few early kills on him. I'm tempted to have ez switch with gangplank due to his mobility and poke and have gangplank go bot with sona.

Gangplank/sona should be even with leona/tristana laning, not to say ez/sona wouldn't be on even terms as well. Leona also has a similar initiate to Amumu, but aftwards isn't as damaging as amumu in a team fight.

Morgana might get a some kills on karth as he's squishy and she's an anti mage, but he should be able to turret hug and harass morgana, especially with an early blue, and if skilled enough can still farm fine under his turret.

As to the junglers, Warwick would need to focus on invading amumu's jungle and getting kills on him early since he's far stronger in the jungle than amumu early on. That being said, Amumu's initiate is dependent on level, not gold, so my comp would still have a strong start, even if he would die fairly early on thereafter due to possibly being behind.
Warwick also doesn't have a good gap closer so it'll be hard for him to gank, especially considering that my teams lanes will largely sit under their own towers the majority of the laning phase. Warwick will get tanky mid game and can dower dive pretty easily, which could be a game changer though. Amumu on the other hand does have a good gap closer, and it's a stun to boot. Being that your team will be pushing in large part, I see him being able to gank often, possibly giving my comp some early kills.

All in all I think it depends on how well top and jungle do on both sides as to how the game will turn out. Also, with your comp, you aren't necessarily bunched up for karthus, amumu, and gangplank to take full advantage of in a teamfight so positioning will be a big part of how this game goes.

I believe this team comp to be the most effective counter to mine that you've posted, and puts my comp at the biggest disadvantage.

Maleric

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Just finished up an awesome game. A Yorick was top, with Jax jungle. We had a Kayle-Twitch bot lane, and I was midlane Zilean. Yorick, Kayle and I, every fight, would blow everything on Jax. He was invenurable, would revive with 2000 health when they drop him, then come back full again if they drop him a second time. Oh, and there was a clone of him wailing on them the whole time. It was brutal to watch.

Well that, and I'm a sucker for good 'ol fashioned poke comps.
That just seems like a comp designed to piss people off lol. Yorick/Zilean together are insane, but throw in invuln, and a GA on Jax and watch him pwn the hell out of people. Serious troll comp lol.