What's being done about Teemo and Darius?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

@ RiotNome or any other Rioter who can answer. What is being done about Teemo and Darius? Twice today i've versed teams with both of them and both times we were horribly defeated. Being defeated however wasn't the issue, it was the fact that we'd OUTPLAY them and get defeated. Before level 6 we would destroy them but as soon as they got their ulti's it was GG. Jungle was suddenly removed to us as a gameplay option as the sheer density of mushrooms (something that was balanced with a far larger map in mind) made avoiding them a literal impossibility. And Darius? Well he's just Darius, just a couple of hits and he 1K+ true damage you to death for easy triple kills. It's not fun and not fair.

Darius is suppose to be getting a remake that takes the power from his ult and gives it to the rest of the kit but when is this going to come out? Certainly not before the Season 3 items are done with as all resources have been out to that for now but hopefully something was already being done about him.

Teemo I honestly can't see how he can work in this map without either rebalancing that would affect SR or map specific rebalances. I just don't know how you could balance him on this map as while everyone loves to hate how annoying he is in SR he actually removes gameplay in TT and that's not fun.

Honestly this is downvote time (if not so already) but it is of my opinion that both Teemo and Darius need to be emergency disabled from Twisted Treeline until they can be looked at and rebalanced. And to some who may say this, yes there are a number of champions that are frustrating to verse but these are the only two champs where I felt disgusted at playing the game and where I honestly felt there was no possibility of winning. I don't make QQ threads because I got beat by character X (there'd be well over 800 threads if that were the case), I make threads when I am uncounterably destroyed in a match that has me questioning why I play this game and as such I want to bring this issue to light.

Naxc

11-19-2012

He's not that op, beaten him many times, if he fails to get fed he will feed you all game long.

Rompedor

11-19-2012

For teemo just have a champ that can farm gold and buy oracles elixir. Then avoid brush and you are fine. For darius, just watch his build and counter build it and focus him first. Heal is fantastic and cleanse for his passive. I also like wiglets if he's gonna ult me. That stasis is so great. Another idea is to CC the **** out of him. I actually playing against Darius because it's a challenge.

Yefo

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompedor View Post
For darius, just watch his build and counter build .
His melee and q are physical (with free 25% armor pen), his bleed is magic, his ult is ~900 true damage. It is difficult, to say the least, to counter build a Darius.

LightEntite

11-19-2012

There really IS no counter build to Darius or Teemo.

Darius because he deals true damage. Teemo because he's like Jax and builds mixed damage.

The most effective method for killing Darius is to remove his ability to catch you. Once he catches you, you're probably gonna die. So get someone to kite him. Teemo is the same way, you can't escape him if he focuses you and you cant catch him if he runs. So fighting him without committing to him is always just an uneven loss of health. Chasing him is almost ALWAYS not a good idea, one mushroom and he can easily just turn around and kill you.

I think Teemo and Darius are such a great characters because they're able to be immensely useful even if the players aren't doing anything. Teemo wards the map and Darius naturally gets teamwrecking strength just by gaining experience.

joe42

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
@ RiotNome or any other Rioter who can answer. What is being done about Teemo and Darius? Twice today i've versed teams with both of them and both times we were horribly defeated. Being defeated however wasn't the issue, it was the fact that we'd OUTPLAY them and get defeated. Before level 6 we would destroy them but as soon as they got their ulti's it was GG. Jungle was suddenly removed to us as a gameplay option as the sheer density of mushrooms (something that was balanced with a far larger map in mind) made avoiding them a literal impossibility. And Darius? Well he's just Darius, just a couple of hits and he 1K+ true damage you to death for easy triple kills. It's not fun and not fair.

Darius is suppose to be getting a remake that takes the power from his ult and gives it to the rest of the kit but when is this going to come out? Certainly not before the Season 3 items are done with as all resources have been out to that for now but hopefully something was already being done about him.

Teemo I honestly can't see how he can work in this map without either rebalancing that would affect SR or map specific rebalances. I just don't know how you could balance him on this map as while everyone loves to hate how annoying he is in SR he actually removes gameplay in TT and that's not fun.

Honestly this is downvote time (if not so already) but it is of my opinion that both Teemo and Darius need to be emergency disabled from Twisted Treeline until they can be looked at and rebalanced. And to some who may say this, yes there are a number of champions that are frustrating to verse but these are the only two champs where I felt disgusted at playing the game and where I honestly felt there was no possibility of winning. I don't make QQ threads because I got beat by character X (there'd be well over 800 threads if that were the case), I make threads when I am uncounterably destroyed in a match that has me questioning why I play this game and as such I want to bring this issue to light.
you suck

Hansuki

11-19-2012

Ironically I've been doing really well in ranked three's by keeping these two champs in mind:

If we have first pick, we dont ban teemo or darius and try to pick them - this usually forces the other team to ban darius and teemo, if not, a good chance we will win having one or both of them. 90% of the time when we dont ban darius and have first pick, the other team bans him anyway and we get teemo. Our bans are usually Singed, Garen, and Lee Sin, they usually ban Darius, Jax, and some random tank like cho or amumu, maybe olaf. If we get Teemo, its usually good game, I'll take a CC champ like naut/cho/mumu, and you cant really get at Teemo in fights, while the third takes a juke-champ to help burst and keep teemo alive (think poppy, fizz, akali etc)

If we dont have first pick, however, the game changes - Singed and Darius and Lee Sin are auto banned and we leave teemo alone - if they choose Teemo, we can counter pick him easily with Akali, Fizz, Diana, etc champs with gap closers and AP burst dmg (abyssal scepter anyone?). Add a couple of bruisers and Teemo isn't much of a problem any more. Yorick can pop mushrooms with his W, I believe, and makes a good counter-pick cause blind doesnt affect his poke. Rumble is also a good choice since you can equalize teemo from a good distance when he tries to run or kite during the teamfight.

In short, Teemo is easy to use and easy to counter, and a lost fo the ranked threes games I've done in the new TTL come down to teemo use and countering. Darius, like Singed, is almost permabanned anyway.

THC DadLife

Recruiter

11-19-2012

You should just ban them. Downright darius happens. And with teemo, if you buy the lantern you can safely clear your jungle from shrooms.

Rompedor

11-19-2012

LightEntite is right when he says Darius can't catch you...but this is true of many champs.

And there are counter builds to any champ. If Darius is building health, blackfire and deathfire will melt him before he can get close to you. If teemo is building AP he is mostly doing AP damage so MR and oracles elixir and laugh at the shrooms.

IplayforfunFU

11-19-2012

People complaining about Teemo in TT should uninstall.

No matter how hard you are zoned 250g is nothing in TT and that solves the non brush mushroom issue, for the brush mushrooms there are tons of champs with abilities that reveal areas, enough time to clear the mushroom.

It wont solve the issue but will turn teemo from strong to underpowered, i just won a game with a superfed teemo, simply by buying oracles and going into mushroom clearing jungle runs, most teemos out there have huge gaping holes in their games when people clear their mushrooms, they have no gank awareness.

12345 ... 10