I really don't understand the tribunal...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiora Mid GG

11-19-2012

So I get warned for games 3 months ago, 2 days ago. So I'm like OKAY I'll behave clearly I'm being inappropriate! I looked at the case and I completely agree, I was being a ******bag in those games that I got reported in. Completely agree with the tribunal's decision.

Then today I get banned and I'm like wait wut? I get banned 2 days after a warning... And these games were more then 2 weeks ago...

So how does this work, am I supposed to somehow see a warning in the future and prepare myself weeks in advance? I mean... And what I got banned for only one game was really report worthy.

Morello,
Lyte,
Riot,
Nerf Irelia,
Love Leona,
Love Diana,
etc.

TrolImanship

11-19-2012

I agree.

But you'll get downvoted because people will say "You should be punished for everything you've done wrong!"

You see, people don't care about improving the attitude in this game. They just want JUSTICE! And by justice, I mean PUNISH PUNISH PUNISH EVERYONE!

Kittii

11-19-2012

While I've never had a warning/ban, I have to say this treatment is bull.

Riot should look into the issue. It's not that I think you're lying, but if they find this to be true, you should have your ban removed. I would suggest sending them emails until you're noticed. Continue posting on the forums until you have contact.

If the system is running how you say, it should be updated to add each offense to the current tribunal case (instead of generating multiples). Then, after the email has been sent with a warning - it should generate a new compilation.

Hope your issue gets resolved.

TrolImanship

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittii View Post
While I've never had a warning/ban, I have to say this treatment is bull.

Riot should look into the issue. It's not that I think you're lying, but if they find this to be true, you should have your ban removed. I would suggest sending them emails until you're noticed. Continue posting on the forums until you have contact.

If the system is running how you say, it should be updated to add each offense to the current tribunal case (instead of generating multiples). Then, after the email has been sent with a warning - it should generate a new compilation.

Hope your issue gets resolved.
They've responded to threads like this before and it's basically "working as intended".

zztophat

11-19-2012

Bans are slow to come down the pipe because Riot employees have to look over the cases before banning.

If you got banned you can bet it was in the works for a while, and may have even been independent of what got you warned.

Moreover!: they do not link all the cases that you were banned for, just a small sample of the cases you were reported for. If you get banned it's common that you get reported a lot (a rioter said that for example: a person with 3000 games may have been reported in 800-500 of them).

TrolImanship

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztophat View Post
Bans are slow to come down the pipe because Riot employees have to look over the cases before banning.
Only permabans

The rest of the bans are random samplings

It's unlikely they would have looked at a ban immediately after a warning. And even if they did, they wouldn't care that the person just got warned and had no chance to correct his behavior.

Basically, nobody at Riot cares that negative reinforcement needs to be immediately after the negative behavior to be effective.

I mean, if someone tells you not to walk on the grass in a park, and you stop doing it, and then 2 days later they come up and give you a 50 dollar fine for walking on the grass before they told you not to, are you likely to not do it again? Well, you're probably going to try not to get caught, but you'll also likely have lost any respect you had for the principle behind it in the first place and only care about the punishment now. And most people are going to delight in coming back with a shovel later that night and digging it all up.

tempnameA461

11-19-2012

It could be worse.
Before Lyte joined, you had no warning and received no help whatsoever in reforming.

IS104fff2b3ed810a7a4daa

11-19-2012

been playing since early 2011
never got a warning or a ban
itt: people who are doing it wrong

lilheartless

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Drill It View Post
been playing since early 2011
never got a warning or a ban
itt: people who are doing it wrong
been playing since late 09 never had a warning or a ban

get on my level

edit: since we are bragging about how upstanding we are and all.

IS104fff2b3ed810a7a4daa

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilheartless View Post
been playing since late 09 never had a warning or a ban

get on my level

edit: since we are bragging about how upstanding we are and all.
i cant get on your level unless you stop playing for 2 years