Highest skillcap champion at the moment?

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScionOfOrthanc

11-19-2012

Cass? Hard to play? What are you on? Her basic combo is QWEEEEEEEEEEEEEERQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEQEEEEEEEEEE...
With stupidly low cooldowns and the ability to cast spells for 50% of their mana cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhell View Post
I find Cassiopia hard to play aside from the mids I normally picks. If we are listing Annie, I would have to counter with Katarina. I think Cassiopia and Orianna are the 2 highest skill cap champions that are not underpowered or just not viable at the moment.

Peggy

11-19-2012

my vote goes to fiddles

nerfed into the ground on top of having a risky kit with a huge channel on his ult. Its almost suicide dropping yoru combo in a teamfight

Pipotchi

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBERPWNAGE775 View Post
Cass? Hard to play? What are you on? Her basic combo is QWEEEEEEEEEEEEEERQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEQEEEEEEEEEE...
props to your lane opponents for surviving 64 twin fangs

ChromeFalcon

11-19-2012

Elise.

Requires having to switch between forms during a fight to do as much damage as possible, and using all her spells in a row pretty fast.

ToasTersTruggle

11-19-2012

Nidalee

A Nidalee that is not fed, but has average gold, will not win any 1v1 fights against any bruiser/tank. You need to:

- kite to reset your cooldowns of your kitty (using W to hop away)
- while kiting you switch out of kitty and attempt to:

- land a Q (spear)
- heal yourself with E
- attempt to have the enemy step on a W

Then go back into Kitty and do Q+E again. Repeating the kiting + skills if necessary.
Also, W in kitty form requires perfect straight-line facing to go over some terrain that WILL save your life at least once per game.

All other bruisers/tanks (and most champions in this game) require you to click and use 3/4 skills on or near the enemy.

Phenomenomnomnom

11-19-2012

Somehow the majority of the population was fooled into thinking Orianna is a difficult champion to play.

Scyfed

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBERPWNAGE775 View Post
With stupidly low cooldowns and the ability to cast spells for 50% of their mana cost.
Because if you miss a Q in a teamfight you're completely useless, and if you don't register that and use your E, you're useless for an even longer period of time. And it's REALLY hard to place accurate Q's in the midst of a teamfight.

Felaedor

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenomnomnom View Post
Somehow the majority of the population was fooled into thinking Orianna is a difficult champion to play.
Somehow, the majority of the population gets the definition of "skill cap" wrong.

It's got nothing to do with a champion's difficulty. It has everything to do with the amount you can get done if you play a champion at maximum efficiency.

Orianna fits this bill perfectly. Full combo Orianna does INSANE amounts of damage, and has utility coming out her robot ears.

cooksta

11-19-2012

There's really no such thing in LoL.

The champions are getting more complicated, sure, but don't really require more skill. Combos are becoming more convoluted, archetypes are being switched, changed and mashed again and again and the meta for the past few years has been less about developing player skill and more about finding the right strategy and champions to match.

High skill champions are champions like Invoker in DotA. He has 5 active abilities but an almost infinite amount of situations in which to use those 5 abilities effeciently and with perfect timing.

I still see pros make the odd mistake (if you could call it that) or two with Invoker at high levels, people have played him for years and there's still no ceiling on the ability to master him.

Scyfed

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooksta View Post
There's really no such thing in LoL.

The champions are getting more complicated, sure, but don't really require more skill. Combos are becoming more convoluted, archetypes are being switched, changed and mashed again and again and the meta for the past few years has been less about developing player skill and more about finding the right strategy and champions to match.

High skill champions are champions like Invoker in DotA. He has 5 active abilities but an almost infinite amount of situations in which to use those 5 abilities effeciently and with perfect timing.

I still see pros make the odd mistake (if you could call it that) or two with Invoker at high levels, people have played him for years and there's still no ceiling on the ability to master him.
He has 10...

1234567 ... 10