Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's the point of strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiabolusReborn

11-19-2012

When no-one listens or is competent enough to carry it out...

Scarlet Flandre

11-19-2012

Ask Swain for advice

Joseph Dom

11-19-2012

Strategy plays around your teams strengths and avoids their weakness. If no one can follow it it was a bad strategy.

DiabolusReborn

11-19-2012

Quote:
Joseph Dom:
Strategy plays around your teams strengths and avoids their weakness. If no one can follow it it was a bad strategy.

>shen split pushing top, possiblity to engage in a 4v5

me: don't go top
don't go top
don't go top
engage and he'll have to ult in

teamate: I'LL GO TOP AND STOP HIS SPLIT PUSH

meanwhile: all lanes are being pushed and malphite tank too scared to engage....

Joseph Dom

11-19-2012

Quote:
DiabolusReborn:
>shen split pushing top, possiblity to engage in a 4v5

me: don't go top
don't go top
don't go top
engage and he'll have to ult in

teamate: I'LL GO TOP AND STOP HIS SPLIT PUSH

meanwhile: all lanes are being pushed and malphite tank too scared to engage....

Well there you have it. A lack of communication. You told them what to do but not why, so they did not see what you saw.

http://www.xkcd.com/1028/

Ragain

11-19-2012

Its like a pick-up game of football everyone wants to be quarterback and no one wants to listen to your plays.

HotHit

11-19-2012

This is why many people prefer to play premade teams. Sure, solo queue is faster, but premade teams ensure communication.

DiabolusReborn

11-19-2012

Quote:
Joseph Dom:
Well there you have it. A lack of communication. You told them what to do but not why, so they did not see what you saw.

http://www.xkcd.com/1028/

I did tell them why "shen will have to ult in" I dunno, I thought maybe people would connect that with "the lane will stop pushing" but maybe not, maybe I overestimate the mental capacity of the average LoL player...