Can't even get into the game...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3nter The V0id

11-19-2012

...because of the terrible community. I've tried to start playing this game SEVERAL times, and just as I get in the swing of things, the movement, the gameplay, the item builds, the PEOPLE ruin it. Angry know-it-all's who act as if they'd be doing better controlling your character while they control theirs. Every game, without fail, is someone who is non-stop verbally abusive in team chat, or trolls afterwards. Getting rid of these people by reporting feels akin to bailing out a boat with a spoon. I can't even stand to play, and spend 10-40 minutes with people who spew their vile drek all over the chat screen, so I leave, and lo and behold, I am penalized! So, as this is the THIRD time I've tried to get into LoL, I think I'm done. I'll uninstall and move on, find a place friendlier to newcomers, and hopefully with less "pro" sandbaggers in the low level brackets. That's my immediate reaction, anyways. What do you suggest, New Player Forum?

Big Blia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Hold tab and to the right of their name, their is a mute button.

AcidKats

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nter The V0id View Post
...because of the terrible community. I've tried to start playing this game SEVERAL times, and just as I get in the swing of things, the movement, the gameplay, the item builds, the PEOPLE ruin it. Angry know-it-all's who act as if they'd be doing better controlling your character while they control theirs. Every game, without fail, is someone who is non-stop verbally abusive in team chat, or trolls afterwards. Getting rid of these people by reporting feels akin to bailing out a boat with a spoon. I can't even stand to play, and spend 10-40 minutes with people who spew their vile drek all over the chat screen, so I leave, and lo and behold, I am penalized! So, as this is the THIRD time I've tried to get into LoL, I think I'm done. I'll uninstall and move on, find a place friendlier to newcomers, and hopefully with less "pro" sandbaggers in the low level brackets. That's my immediate reaction, anyways. What do you suggest, New Player Forum?
Honestly, there aren't many games nowadays that can boast a completely "friendly" community. There are always going to be a lot of jerks playing every game.

My advice to you is to just keep trying, because what are they going to do? They can't do anything to you, and you're still learning the game. So LET them have a terrible time, it makes me happy to see some random guy nerdraging, because I know they're jerks and are pretty much hating life right now.

Don't get better for them, get better for the people who care enough to help you out instead of being mean.

HOWEVER, I'm obviously not telling you to skip the part about getting better. Watch gameplays/casts/streams etc. to get better. I spend a lot of time spectating the ranked games that show up on the front page, and it honestly helped me a lot when it came to understanding how the game worked.

MercifulMolester

11-20-2012

I /mute everyone, then only communicate through pings.
Every game.